Wave4 to wav3 on new Ixtreme LT

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Golfje, Nov 26, 2009.

Nov 26, 2009

Wave4 to wav3 on new Ixtreme LT by Golfje at 9:31 AM (2,092 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Golfje
    OP

Member Golfje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have patched serval games from wave4 tot wave3 because i am on ixtreme 1.51.

The question is will these patched games work with the new Ixtreme LT ???

Because if not i must re-burn them without the patch

2. misticknight

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    wth, what is this wave 4 to wave 3 patch and would it work on LiteOn drives? I to have 1.51 firmware.

3. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    But if you played wave patched games then you'll very probably get banned so wouldn't it beat the purpose of using LT?

I thought the readme text for the patch made it very clear.

I bet the console doesn't see much difference between patched games and non-stealthed games.

Anyway, patched games SHOULD work on LT.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    @misticknight it is not a patch but a method.
    Wave 3 and wave 4 are but slight tweaks to the disc layout but this tweak tripped the bad rip detection of later iextreme firmwares necessitating an update.
    It is very detectable and it is not suggested by anyone who knows what they are doing for such a reason.
    1.51 for wave 3 and 1.6 for wave 4 detect the mastering date and if the waves do not match or they are not on the exceptions list then it will also call bad disc if you patch the iso to a given wave.
    Again I do not suggest doing it but a tool that can do it is known as 360 waves patcher (one of the first links will probably be to a French forum).
    This should not be a problem on LT though as the authors have stated that they are going to kick detection to the PC side of things with ABGX360 and have minimal checks on the new LT firmware. This could change but from what has been said I doubt it.

5. misticknight

Australia
    what if i stay offline for now, and when not connect to Live till i use the LT mod on my 360? would it be safe that way or would i still be banned? i really only wanna do this for AC2, im dying to play that game. I would buy it butafter the first one i dont want to risk anything (good for about an hour or 2 before you realise our doing the same thing in the same areas over and over again...urgh).

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It is known the 360 logs things so staying offline is at best just delaying your problems.

I advise instead that you update to 1.6 (any hacked drive will give up keys without hassle even if they initially needed something special) and burn off a one shot boot disc.

7. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    My guess: If you've already connected to Live with an older firmware mod in the past, it's probably not going to make a difference what you do offline now. These banwaves were detecting firmware, not bad burns, and some people who hadn't even used burned discs yet got hit just for having modded firmware. You probably already got flagged and no matter what firmware you put on there now, connecting to Live will be game over, either right away, or in a later ban wave (they don't ban everyone they detect right away, to hide what exactly they're doing).

If you haven't used modded firmware at all yet, maybe this would work, but frankly, it would be safer to just wait. Note, that's SAFER, not necessarily SAFE. Everyone thought the old firmware was safe provided the discs were good/stealthed. The only 100% safe thing in the long run is not to do anything at all. But where's the fun in that, right? [​IMG]

8. misticknight

Australia
    thanks, guess i'll just do it then since yousay if im flagged im flagged, nothing much i can do about it now.