yotaiji012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone just needed some help.

I have had my professional modded Wii with wasabi since May. Lately it had been acting up. It turns on fine without a hitch but the drive wouldn't spin. The blue light would light and go off but the drive would do nothing. It happened every so often. Now it wont take any discs. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. I read somewhere might be a fuse that was burntout. I was wondering if anyone could help me out please.

uberjedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's likely that a wire has come off, a bad installation.

This happened to me when I first got my wasabi v2 modified wii. It got bumped a bit in the mail and refused to accept disks. If you're comfortable soldering, take a look at it yourself, otherwise you'll need to get a pro to resolder it!

wertyqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you have Wasabi v1 chip inside it may need a firmware update. Don´t know if this is the case with v2?

I had the same problem. Once I updated the firmware (1.1 > 1.3) it has been ok. I´m now running it with 1.4 beta and everything is just fine. It has even been thru mail twice (I had a faulty transformer and the "mod company" wanted both the console and the transformer to be chacked just in case).

Then again if the drive is non-responsive all the time it might well be bad soldering.

yotaiji012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually paid a game console fixing shop to look at it. He says that that the soldering work was done very well. He says when he removes the chip the drive acts fine. Most of the time the green light on the chip doesnt even come on. The seldom times it does turn green he says its fine. Its acting sketch. There was some brown plastic packing tape over the chip to hold it in place. The tape has been slightly burned becuase of over hearting. The guy thinks the chip is actually bad. What you all think?

wertyqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Does the drive work at all? I mean is it 1/5,1/10, 1/20 that the drive boots on startup? Download the latest firmware for the wasabi mod chip. And if you manage to get the drive started, update the chip. It is very easy to do. My Wii had the same kind of problem (maybe on 1/10 startups and the drive started ok). You can find the latest firmware here.

On the other hand... It sounds like you have a faulty chip. I guess you have to have it replaced.

The decision is up to you.

yotaiji012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the shop doesn't do installs because of the legality. I will get the wii back attempt a firmware update. And if that doesnt work I will get a d2pro chip with wii clip.
Problem is removing the solder is going to be a pain in the ass. I guess i will get the repair shop to remove the chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1