WarZ Is A Scam

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Nov 28, 2012.

Nov 28, 2012

WarZ Is A Scam by Gahars at 7:59 PM (3,675 Views / 0 Likes) 48 replies

1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Total shock, right?

If you didn't know, War Z was a zombie survival title announced soon after the breakout success of the Day Z mod for Arma II (which will soon be receiving its own standalone game anyway). As far as follow-the-leader cash grabs go, this one wasn't hard to pick out.

The plot thickens, however. According to a recently fired moderator from the game's forum, creative bankruptcy is the least of the game's problems.

(This is the text from his post - you can view a screencap of the original here)

I think the drama here can be best summarized with a hardy "Oh, snap!", or perhaps this gif.

The developers are at war with consumers, not with the shambling mobs of brain dead stiffs (What's the difference? Dohohohoho!)

TL;DR: Do not spend money for this game unless you really, really hate yourself.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I wasn't really expecting much from this game, it was dead on arrival.

3. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Glad I could show you all the light before the.. WarZ started.

Felipe_9595 likes this.
  4. Walker D

Member Walker D I have a hat

Brazil
    This game is a walking dead already

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Although I am certainly not inclined to give the people the benefit of the doubt at present I have to play "the other side" and consider that good forum runners/web developers and good PR people do not good necessarily good game developers make, indeed how many people have you met with stunning information/content running a barely modded theme to a wordpress blog and such like?

"added NPCs, made a large map, and changed around camera angles and gun settings while adding more functionality and switching over some things"...... do we always want games built from scratch? If so dismissing every unreal engine game will save a lot of time when deciding what game to play.

"hey plan to HALT DEVELOPMENT AND ABANDON THE GAME in SIX months if revenue is not enough for them".... cut your losses if costs outweigh benefits.... that is some truly despicable behaviour.

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah there's some actions he's listing that aren't out of the ordinary...

It's things like banning accounts so people re-buy it that sound shit, if true.

7. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    This entire forum is turning into nothing but puns. Gahars, even if you are the only one who can make good ones, I blame you for giving these members a false sense that they can be a successful as you.

Also I'm happy about this because I hate zombies and everything to do with them.

ekko25, Felipe_9595 and eyes like this.
  8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    But but but I have a fantasy of us spending the weekend in a cabin near a lake watching old zombie movies...you ...you broke my heart.

Whore.

BortzANATOR likes this.
  9. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Whether or not your post was serious, I'm fucking sick of all these idiotic puns. They aren't funny, they aren't clever, and they don't contribute to anything.

10. zanfire

Member zanfire GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You have no idea how much of a scam it is, in so many ways. I actually requested to get a refund, and was actually offered it after beta if i wasn't satisfied (of course this was buy the people who took over payments of the game, not the war z folk) I'll give you quotes from my actual email, and how they REFUSE to refund me and constantly respond with auto-emails saying the same one line "please review the previous ticket" (7 times now) which just says I had played more hours than there refund policy (which didn't even get added until after they started selling the game). This game was supposed to be in beta on oct. 31st..and to this day its still missing LOADS of features it has plastered on its site.

At first they kept updating the game and making it seem like they were really working on it. After about 2 weeks the updates became incredibly slow and all you could see on the FB page was constant sales and them trying to sell the thing. The game is a disaster and a poor man's Day Z. I got scammed, but hopefully people will ignore this garbage.

Here is from the payment people:"

Support Team of Xsolla

Your request () has been deemed solved. To reopen, reply to this email.

Olga Kondratova, Nov 05 12:20 am (YEKT):
    Hello,
    First think it over:
    You were aware that what you bought was not a final version and not even beta-version and thus had numerous drawbacks.
    You bought the full version of the game and on sale.
    You got the access to the start of the game and can watch it develop and expand.
    Every day there is twice as less bugs and crushes.
    The game added several servers so you can play with no wait if you press «Quick Join»

So we advise you to stay in the game at least untill the Beta starts so you will not have to buy it again for the full price. If you still want a refund by the said date we will return the money."

11. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    I bet people wouldn't make as many puns if it wasn't for the like system...

triassic911, Rydian and ekko25 like this.
  12. 3bbb7

Member 3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why would anyone pay for this when they can get ARMA 2: OA for about the same price and get dayz which is always fun??

13. retrodoctor

Banned retrodoctor Banned

United States
    That's what happens when you become a part of a community that is filled with teens and people who have a teenage mentality. Worst part is that they all try to out wit one another and be funnier than the next. It's funny to watch, truthfully, but the actual posts they make just make me feel sorry for their social lives.

triassic911 and Celice like this.
  14. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I guess they can't hack it after all...

Looks like this project may be dying...

Looks like there are WarZ going on internally...

DEATH PUN

Hearing about how the mod was going on and turning into this, I hoped this would carry on through successfully, even though I wasn't going to play it anyway. I forget what was to happen to the mod after this. If it still knocks around then people might just go back to that.

15. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Well I can make an exception for that weekend, and the love of my life. :wub:

And at the puns, welcome to Gbareddit. "Live as a wyndrammer as you fuck, and see your future in balls"

Eerpow likes this.
  16. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    It's the G-Virus. Gahars has infected everyone.

ekko25 and Felipe_9595 like this.
  17. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    They aren't punny to you?

eyes likes this.
  18. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Fair warning: We're done with the puns.
    Like just about everything around here, you guys are pushing it too far.

19. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    or GBATrees. I guess some people do find it entertaining.

20. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    This post is a reason to why we need a hate button.

We need less joyless fuckers on this forum. Fuck sake just let people enjoy themselves! They're not causing any harm and if it annoys you, seek therapy.