Hacking Warning for those considering buying a DSTwo

technewbie389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Jomaper!

Oh man, I just finished ordering from nds-card.com and thought I should check this thread again and now all of you have made me worried. So does that mean the card has been fixed or if it's broken, I'll have to pay massively for the shipping of a new one? God, I'm beginning to regret buying the 3DS in the first place if I had known it was going to cost soo much! X(

Catzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the problem only with the batch sold by NDS-Card.com? Anyone bought from elsewhere had the same issues?

I bought mine from ZZC used for 2 days, rebooted on and off more than 20 times no issues yet.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like a bad batch. And possibly people who have gotten fakes and think they are real, spamming the DSTWO topic boards.

Basically, if you get a fake card, your going to have a bad time.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Thanks Jomaper!

Oh man, I just finished ordering from nds-card.com and thought I should check this thread again and now all of you have made me worried. So does that mean the card has been fixed or if it's broken, I'll have to pay massively for the shipping of a new one? God, I'm beginning to regret buying the 3DS in the first place if I had known it was going to cost soo much! X(

If it didn't ship yet, mail the customer service to ask them to wait for the new batch. If it has already shipped, only time will tell.

is the problem only with the batch sold by NDS-Card.com? Anyone bought from elsewhere had the same issues?

I bought mine from ZZC used for 2 days, rebooted on and off more than 20 times no issues yet.

No, the problem is with a whole batch created with a specifical bad chip from a provider. This has nothing to do with shops like nds-card. If you got it working without any problem then you got either one with the bad chip working right, or a card from an old batch (those work fine).

So it looks like a bad batch. And possibly people who have gotten fakes and think they are real, spamming the DSTWO topic boards.

Basically, if you get a fake card, your going to have a bad time.

I don't think fake cards has a big part in this problem, since the people from supercard itself told that they had a bad batch with a bad chip.

Reactions: tbgtbg and Rydian

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He got it from an indoor swapmeet but it was an actual storefront not like a typical swapmeet tent, in Westminster, CA he couldn't get it to work. I'm sure he's still got it

LukeScorgie

Trophies
XP
Bought my 5th dstwo card and got it in the mail yesterday. I formatted the OS that came with it straight up using sd flash program. Reloaded the latest os with firmware and updated usin my dsiXL that's running v4.0 firmware. Loaded afew roms and it's running fine. Have never had an issue with my dstwo cards. But I have seen cheap dstwo cards out there that I steer clear from. Each card I've bought I have payed $70-80 for

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my DSTwo from RealHotStuff. No problems here. I requested the DSTwo come updated for the recent 3DS firmware and they did provided me with a working cartridge real nice-like.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
He got it from an indoor swapmeet but it was an actual storefront not like a typical swapmeet tent, in Westminster, CA he couldn't get it to work. I'm sure he's still got it
All the ones we've seen where people had booting issues, they were legit carts (as in they ran the special homebrew on the devices they would boot on when they would boot).

BloodKil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought my 5th dstwo card and got it in the mail yesterday. I formatted the OS that came with it straight up using sd flash program. Reloaded the latest os with firmware and updated usin my dsiXL that's running v4.0 firmware. Loaded afew roms and it's running fine. Have never had an issue with my dstwo cards. But I have seen cheap dstwo cards out there that I steer clear from. Each card I've bought I have payed $70-80 for

You should feel like a sucker then... The three I got were from realhotstuff and were under 45 each and that included shipping. The first took 4 days to arrive and the second set (one for my kid and one for my gt kid) took only 3.

I keep my sons 3ds XL updated but keep his old launch day 3ds as is to update carts with.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a DSTwo from dsflashcart.com? I ordered mine literally like two days before hearing about all of the malfunctioning cards and now I am nervous it won't work as I have ordered 2. :/

sodagod1

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a new 3DS XL the other week, and got my dstwo shortly after. The 3DS updated itself to the latest OS before i got my dstwo so I was worried i'd have to buy a ds lite or something to flash it/upgrade the card.

Anyways, put the dstwo in when I got it, and it all worked as expected! No complaints :)

iHeartlessHero13

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Soo.. Why did you wait to finally get the best card on the market?

If there's a bad batch then it's a bad batch, but it could also be a fake.. In either case you just got to send it back to the reseller since it's defective.

I don't get why people are doubting that there could be any hardware problems with the newest batch. It's common in all electronics production for there to be bad batches and defective units... Just ask all the xenon and zephyr 360 owners...

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I waited, partly because i had already purchased a cheaper clone cart before and was content with the ds games I could play, until the skipped a firmware upgrade and just released a new card, leaving me unable to upgrade my 3ds if I continued using it. The other part is that I didnt have the 80$ laying around to buy two at once until now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: