Hacking WARNING: Buying legit Hori sreen protectors

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got some fake ones from PSXBOX.net. Is it safe to apply them, or will it leave residue behind when you remove them? They're for my bro, I have legit HORI's myself.

Should be fine. Even fake Hori protectors should be able to be applied like the authentic ones. Durability and opacity are another story.

D

Deleted User

i got hori screen protectors for like $5-$10CAD total from ebay and they were the real deal. Just do some searches.

flanker22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dumbest thing about these things are. they're sold as "Protective Filters", who the hell calls them that? everyone calls them screen protectors, this is the single reason why pelican ones sell more in B&M.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
lol, i bought a case of eBay, and it gave me free protectors
Looks like i got proper ones, thru em away tho, don't understand how you can have a touch screen protector and the touch screen still work fine...

meh

D

Deleted User

lol, i bought a case of eBay, and it gave me free protectors
Looks like i got proper ones, thru em away tho, don't understand how you can have a touch screen one and it still work...

meh

After reading your sentence a couple times, I think I successfully understand what your point is.

But ... you don't have to understand how a screen protector works ... it JUST WORKS.

NDSkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAN I ASSUME HORI SCREEN PROTECTORS WITH AMERICAN PACKAGING ARE LEGIT?

hori screen protectors are widely available from US retailers. you no longer need to purchase them from importers. i think its safe to say that they are legit if they have american packaging. make sure that the retailer also carries other Hori products and not just screen protectors.

i got mine from JR music world along w/ the hori play stand

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought "HORI SCREEN PROTECTOR NINTENDO DS NDS LITE GUARD SHIELD" from ebay.co.uk seller 1010_hk (based in Hong Kong) for a rock bottom price. After reading this tread, I'm worried. Worried that I will almost certainly receive a counterfeit product. But he also sells loads of DS accessories such as bags and cases. I can't imagine that you could counterfeit all of those, and as another poster said, what can the profit margins be on these things?

And for the record, has anyone who thinks they have a counterfeit one actually had any problem to note with them?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just bought "HORI SCREEN PROTECTOR NINTENDO DS NDS LITE GUARD SHIELD" from ebay.co.uk seller 1010_hk (based in Hong Kong) for a rock bottom price. After reading this tread, I'm worried. Worried that I will almost certainly receive a counterfeit product. But he also sells loads of DS accessories such as bags and cases. I can't imagine that you could counterfeit all of those, and as another poster said, what can the profit margins be on these things?

And for the record, has anyone who thinks they have a counterfeit one actually had any problem to note with them?

Well the fabric and labor (at sweat shop prices of course
tongue.gif
) would cost less than 3-5 dollars. You can counterfeit anything

I've never actually bought a fake case, but most of the time they should offer similar protection. Sometimes, for example in Hori cases, the poor Chinese workers stitch the game card seam at random angles which make it impossible to put a card in
frown.gif

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL. You don't have to worry about that. Some official HORI cases have stitchings which make it impossible to put anything in! (Hori Compact Pouch)

I would never get any accessory from ebay, unless I am willing to accept (in the worst case scenarios) a generic product. In the case of HORI cases, I would want a genuine case, because I will be sure that the material inside will not scratch my DS.

Yes, a generic one may offer the same protection from falls, but scratch up the DS inside.

ProjectVirtue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
seemingly. the latest DS models have a built in screen protector. theres a layer of plastic on top of the touch screen. at the least, for me when i picked mine up today. it also gives more friction so it feels less slippery when writing / picto-chatting

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In response to those profit margins, they are probably close to what companies make selling bottled water.

I would say over 500% profit per item counterfeited.

SauceyWombat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jlo mein said, "With the fake one, I also get a weird anomaly on the top screen. In the centre, it's creating a mark that looks like there is water stuck between the screen and the protector, and yet there is no water trapped there. I can correct it by pulling at the centre with scotch tape, but it will return after I close the DS Lite lid. "

I bought GameStop's brand of screen protectors with an extra stylus & had the top screen do the same thing you described. After a while that "water mark" started to actually change the colors of the screen. When I noticed discolorization I immediately peeled the protector off, but the discoloration remained. It took over 3 days for the screen to return to normal. Thank god it DID return to normal.

I'd suggest the immediate removal of any screen protector that starts to press in/down/into either screen.

Has anyone ordered from DealExtreme.com? They sell Hori screen protectors FOR $2.47 (& loads of other stuff) which is dirt cheap with FREE shipping. I was about to place an order, but after reading this thread I've grown apprehensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM