Hacking WARNING: Buying legit Hori sreen protectors

Aturaten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have also gotten fake Hori Protectors from an ebay seller surf-deal. It has the trademark blurryness and English tabs.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
DealExtreme actually sells the fake Hori protectors for the marginal price of $1.37. In fact, I'm pretty satisfied with them, really. The quality is still far better than Pelican protectors and so close to being Hori-quality that I couldn't care any more or less if it was fake or not. It was relatively easy to apply too.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm off to Japan early next week, and want to pick up some hori screen protectors for my original ds fatty, as I have lots of Bic Camera points to burn..... Would someone mind posting the product code for it or a pic of the box? I'd hate to buy the wrong ones (I think the ds lite screens are a slightly different size?) Cheers!

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
my roommate just placed his screenprotector on his newly bought DS Lite.. However, there's bubbles all over... Now he wishes to remove it. Does anyone here have any tips or hints on how to remove it? Or maybe a tip on how to remove the bubbles?

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I past by the DS section at Fry's and found them there. I was surprised since I thought they were online only. I'll check them out next week since I'm broke atm.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hori protection filter plus can be bought at target for $9.99. These are the five piece sets with lid cover and button surrounds. I actually experienced the dreaded top screen sagginess with pelican covers. The hori works much better on the top screen. No sagging yet. Heres a tip on the top screen though; use a credit card or something that you can press the cover on with that goes from one edge of the screen to the other. Dont use your finger to apply it, as this will bow the cover down and pushes the cover into contact the the lcd.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
my roommate just placed his screenprotector on his newly bought DS Lite.. However, there's bubbles all over... Now he wishes to remove it. Does anyone here have any tips or hints on how to remove it? Or maybe a tip on how to remove the bubbles?

When I applied my covers, I paid attention to where the bubbles were forming, and while I applied the covers, I placed my finger firmly where the bubble would form to push it out before the cover sticks. Mind you, I don't recommend putting the whole thing on in one placement. Slowly unstick it and bring it back in when you know there won't be any bubbles. Plus, I highly recommend using canned air to blow the particles off before applying and using a soft cloth.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to remove your screen protector and want to immediately replace it, use scotch tape and a little TLC.

I got the fake hori's and they've been working great for the past 7 months. The real hori's must be spectacular.

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought some screen protectors like those but in english at my local game exchange, they look like the play-asia version, so i guess thats good, paid 8$ USD, but my question is, does the protector for the touch screen take up the whole screen for you guys? i have like 1.5mm gap at top and bottom on mine once i put it on. i sat it firmly in a corner, it probably doesn't hurt game play, but i can see the gaps and was a bit dissapointed.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I past by the DS section at Fry's and found them there. I was surprised since I thought they were online only. I'll check them out next week since I'm broke atm.

ya i saw them there.. then realized i had no money in my pocket
sleep.gif
lol
tongue.gif
but they are legit..

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
I just got a brand new batch of Fake Hori Screen protectors, and a few real ones, and I have to say, the fake ones are taking steps to make them seem more like the genuine one.

For one, they have that Japanese sticker, and they have upped the quality of front cover. The resealable bag gave it away though.

another giveaway is the softcard. the performance of the screen protector is very noticable. scratches REAL easy compared to Hori ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtube.com/shorts/6EYWniWuPQM?si=e8QMvMCF6bZ1H7TA