Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excellent, thank you very much for your answer!

Now, isn't there any way for me/us to actually check if our xbox is flagged, other than going online with it, making it banned? I'm sooo curious if my 360 is actually banned, but I don't dare plugging it in, just in case it is..!

EDIT: Oh, and btw.. Let's say I buy another 360 and don't flash it.

If I play i.e. Gears of War 3 or another new game before release on my flashed x360.. And then transfer my HDD to the unflashed one later on.. It will see that my profile has received achievements for GoW3 before release, won't that affect my legit 360 in any way?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pesaroso said:
Excellent, thank you very much for your answer!

Now, isn't there any way for me/us to actually check if our xbox is flagged, other than going online with it, making it banned? I'm sooo curious if my 360 is actually banned, but I don't dare plugging it in, just in case it is..!

EDIT: Oh, and btw.. Let's say I buy another 360 and don't flash it.

If I play i.e. Gears of War 3 or another new game before release on my flashed x360.. And then transfer my HDD to the unflashed one later on.. It will see that my profile has received achievements for GoW3 before release, won't that affect my legit 360 in any way?
There are people saying that going to xbox register/support page and requesting RRoD repair can determine your ban status. If you're banned, they will give you an error when trying to request the repair.

When you earn achievements offline, it's not timestamped. So I guess if you want to be safe you should not upload your gamerscores until after the game is released.

However I doubt they will do anything to your legit 360. Remember they cannot ban people for playing legit releases early. If you swap HDD to legit console and upload gamerscore, all they can see are the achievements, and just by looking at achievements list there's no way to determine if you played backup. For all they know, you just bought the game from a store that broke the streets date.

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, you're talling about this site? https://service.xbox.com/register.aspx
Kinda skeptical to press the "send" button, in case it works ;p That will register an RRoD-repair xD

Thanks for your other answers, I guess you're right
biggrin.gif

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
jaxxster said:
I'm starting to think its nothing to do with the games but more to do with the firmware itself.
Mine just got banned this morning I have wondered the same, like the bug with pre ix 1.4 which made it detectable. So my mate's and my GF;s have been banned too.
Could it be that there are dodgy detectable rips that are confirmed on abgx360 giving us false sense of security?

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
this doesen't harm me as my xbox is connected to live but not flashed, cos i don't want to rist a RROD return as im on my 3rd xbox

Posts merged

this doesen't harm me as my xbox is connected to live but not flashed, cos i don't want to rist a RROD return as im on my 3rd xbox

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
olliepop2000 said:
jaxxster said:
I'm starting to think its nothing to do with the games but more to do with the firmware itself.
Mine just got banned this morning I have wondered the same, like the bug with pre ix 1.4 which made it detectable. So my mate's and my GF;s have been banned too.
Could it be that there are dodgy detectable rips that are confirmed on abgx360 giving us false sense of security?

Well doesnt the new firmware aswell make the drive read games at only 12x speed whereas by normal the drive speed is variable? I heard someone mention it could be how the firmware reads games

Posts merged

olliepop2000 said:
QUOTE(jaxxster @ Nov 8 2009, 12:40 PM)

Well doesnt the new firmware aswell make the drive read games at only 12x speed whereas by normal the drive speed is variable? I heard someone mention it could be how the firmware reads games

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 of my friends got banned,1 of them friends went online for the first time,started a game and got instant banned for playing a illegal copy of Prototype.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
So... has anyone that has posted in this thread NOT been banned yet? I haven't gone online yet...

i havent been banned, i was on yesterday n today grabbing dlc, been playin Guitar hero 5, playing from harddrive.
samsung dvd drive
ixtreme 1.61

but other than that ive been stayin offline

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not banned as of a few hours ago. Lite-on with 1.6, all games double ABGX360'd never played before release. I'm still nervous though, and I wanna play MW2 online ASAP.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
dragon574444 said:
Not banned as of a few hours ago. Lite-on with 1.6, all games double ABGX360'd never played before release. I'm still nervous though, and I wanna play MW2 online ASAP.

Lucky.
I'm also Lite-on 1.6 and I'd abgx360 the iso and then the burnt disc to be sure and I dont play online much at all and I still got banned
frown.gif

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
dragon574444 said:

Lucky.
I'm also Lite-on 1.6 and I'd abgx360 the iso and then the burnt disc to be sure and I dont play online much at all and I still got banned
frown.gif
frown.gif

I have a feeling I could be banned at any moment...

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
I wasnt too bothered about the ban until I realised that it wasnt just playing online thats banned its even buying XBLA games too
frown.gif
Couldnt they have waited until Perfect Dark XBLA came out before banning me
wink.gif
I'm prob gonna get the COD MW2 Elite on Tues now and still keep my banned console for Pirated games

Billydick888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like i might be pushing it, all i do is play Gears of war 2 online, i do have A modded system but i went out and purchased a legit copy of it. I haven't been banhammered yet but i feel like im risking it by continuously signing online. I usually always unplug my internet after i shutdown, Juuuusttt in case, im not sure if they can detect the firmware when the system is off, i know its redic to say that but saftey first.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got banned and you want to try and figure out why.. run some of your burned games through Nero DiscSpeed and go to quality check. You will be surprised what you let slip by as a good burn.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Quick question: Are all the new Arcade models Lite Ons? Also, are they all Jaspers? I'm just asking because if I do get banned and I get a lite-on Arcade, I'm pretty much screwed... I have a ck3 Lite and no probe.

Also, I heard a rumor that apparently the newest Lite Ons cannot be flashed... anyone know anything about that?

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Newest lite-on's cannot be modded, this is correct. Apparently the ability to do so is looking bleak by the guys at #fw.

As for those who think their risking going online, my post several pages ago seems like a possible way to check if your flagged for a ban. Since discovering that information and spreading it around, I had some people state that the page gave them the error, but their xbox's were still connectable to Live without the ban. Days later some were reporting that their consoles were banned that had recieved the error. Others called MS to try and initiate a repair and were told that their consoles were discovered to be tampered with and no repair was possible, yet these people's xbox's werent yet banned from Live.

Whether this is a 100% factual method to check I still can't say for sure. Take the information I present and believe what you will.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Quick question: Are all the new Arcade models Lite Ons? Also, are they all Jaspers? I'm just asking because if I do get banned and I get a lite-on Arcade, I'm pretty much screwed... I have a ck3 Lite and no probe.

Also, I heard a rumor that apparently the newest Lite Ons cannot be flashed... anyone know anything about that?
The rumor is in fact true. Also yes all stock should pretty much be lite on drives with jasper motherboards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice