WarioWare DIY not working on Ace3DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by flarn2006, Jun 3, 2014.

1. flarn2006
    OP

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I didn't see a specific section for Ace3DS. This is not a 3DS flashcart, but rather a regular DS one; it's just called that to advertise the fact that it works on the 3DS. I did see a section for "Acekard", which might be the same. If so, any moderator can feel free to move it to that section.

Anyway, here's the problem I'm having. I downloaded WarioWare DIY to put on my Ace3DS, since I couldn't find my original cartridge. When I try to open it, however, the screen just turns black and the game doesn't load. There's actually a code listed in the flashcart's built-in cheats menu called "Black Screen Fix", but I enabled that and it didn't fix the problem.

I tried Googling for a fix, and apparently there was some patcher floating around that supposedly fixes the problem, but the only links I can find to it were on MegaUpload, which got shut down. I did find one other link on a different site, but that one didn't work either.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Thank you.

2. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    My Gateway Blue Card also has this issue, as it may very well be an Ace3DS clone and it too does not work with NAND based games such as WarioWareDIY. I tried the patched version as well as the black screen fix to no avail. It appears to just be broken.

3. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Sorry for the necrobump but I got WarioWare DIY working on my GW Blue Card at least. I updated to Wood 1.62 and chose a non-default save slot (1, 2, or 3) in the settings menu. Jam With the Band still won't work, but at least it's something.

4. retrogamefan

retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    Does your Ace3DS look like this?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. flarn2006
    OP

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    No, it looks like this:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!