Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait just wondering but can I use my current Pokemon save on the Acekard 2i?

And it's guaranteed to work perfectly on it with no freezes or anything.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sephi said:
AK2.1 is not being manufactured right now and there's a decent chance you will get a defective one.

AK2i is like $3 more and is pretty good except for some of them misaligning with the contacts a little.

Games are frequently fixed in AKAIO by loader updates you can update quickly over wifi with your ds, or you can download them from akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders

if you want to use a separate patch for a game if one is available before Normmatt and Smiths can fix it, prepatched roms may work without doing anything, most games with separate fixes include instructions.

Just buy an AK2i.

http://www.0shippingzone.com/acekard-acekard-p-319.html

Thanks, I'm fully convinced on buying it now but from leetmod.com because it's based in the US and I'd like to get it fast
smile.gif
So it plays Pokemon SS perfectly right? And also just wondering if I should pay an extra $1 for the 1.4 firmware or not.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Q: What's AKAIO?
A: It's custom made firmware, not by acekard team (though, highly supported by it) but by one awesome dude and other contributors. Not very different from R4 I suppose, just a folder full of stuff and a nds file that go to root. Then it will work (with exception of DSi firmware version1.4)

Q: Does my old save work?
A: It should, all flashcarts use common format, what are compatible with one other, but not sure is antipiracy corrupted to freeze the game. If it does freeze, I am afraid you need to make new save in Acekard (I think it shouldn't be problem...)

Q: Works perfectly? Worth to upgrade?
As me and rockstar have discussed and tested, it has worked perfectly.

As for upgrade, you only need it for DSi. If you already have DS lite, you don't need to pay for upgrade, you can get it for free, and upgrade with ds lite, that is if you even have a DSi

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Sailor said:
So once I get the AK2i in the mail I just install AKAIO and all the games and that's it? What does the AKAIO do exactly or is it just a file that goes on the SD card.

Also, is it worth it to pay a website an extra $1 to upgrade the firmware for the AK2i to 1.4?

Yeah, you can just put the games and AKAIO on there and you're done. Don't forget to put all your saves in the same directory, though!

The bootloader update is just for people with DSis. It allows it to run on a DSi, but you can run the patch yourself anyway if you have a phat or lite. My opinion: don't bother. Just patch it if you need to.

Also, AKAIO is a firmware. It's like YSMenu for the R4s, you know? Except you don't have to build it yourself, just download it and copy it over once.
It's kind of the interface, the way of selecting games... everything software-wise on a flashcart.
It's well-known as the best, as it is pretty, fast and has a lot of great features. For example, if you're playing a game and a friend wants to have a go, you can just select the game and backup the save. Then, when your friend is done, you just restore it. There are dozens of little features like this.
OOH! The newest one! Homebrew soft-reset!
You know how in games you can hold down a certain combination of buttons and the game will instantly quit and return to the cart's firmware? Well now, with the new AKAIO, you can do the same with homebrew! It's a great feature that I use quite frequently.

A great thing about AKAIO is the wifi update. If you put a new game on your SD card but it won't run (this will only happen with games newer than a few days that are REALLY popular. IE: Pokemon.) you can just update the loaders over wifi- you don't even have to remove the flashcart!

In short: I FREAKING LOVE AKAIO!

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Sumea said:
Last great thing for me is the GUI, the slow, clunky, and touch mis-registering UI of cyclo lost to smooth, fast and clearly differiating on touches by area of acekard was so satisfying.
The CycloDS gui isn't slow...
blink.gif

And before you ask, yes I do have a Acekard 2i with AKAIO v1.6 RC1 and in my opinion the CycloDS is superior in almost every way.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Gariscus said:
Sumea said:
Last great thing for me is the GUI, the slow, clunky, and touch mis-registering UI of cyclo lost to smooth, fast and clearly differiating on touches by area of acekard was so satisfying.
blink.gif

And before you ask, yes I do have a Acekard 2i with AKAIO v1.6 RC1 and in my opinion the CycloDS is superior in almost every way.

Then you are byest.

Cyclo scrolling with touch screen is not bound to movement of your stulys, is is like unclear version of having button on screen
that scrolls the files slowly (compared to acekard, and especially to sakura/moonshell 2)

Also, my huge amounts of frustration come when i try to scroll and it registers it as opening the game what I did want to do, rebooting and repeating. In acekard it only takes touch to icon as launch/open command, not whole rom column.

Not to mention most of launch options still are activated by buttons, all you have is using buttons - not as great as kart boasting "full touch control" could have.

Not only that, acekard loads to menu a second faster than cyclo, and general loadtimes are smaller.

RTS aside, cyclo at moment has very little over acekard for me at moment. It's a great cart, has features, but question "is RTS that is not a perfect function anyway worth 30 bucks?"

of course, cyclo would be on the edge again if normatt were to quit (not likely at moment)

sorry, but with all seriousness, saying cyclo gui is superior is just... It made me think you would even claim
to like it more than sakura system... That is just...

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I also want to upgrade my R4.
How often does AKAIO update their firmware? Is it better than the official?

It's my birthday soon and I'm hoping to get one!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Also, what's Real Time Save? (RTS)

ANOTHER EDIT: Which is better, Acekard 2 or 2i?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Exbaddude said:

biggrin.gif

Akaio updates every now and then.
And yes, it is better (it is not so bold statement to say if akaio died, so would acekard)

Rts is somewhat experimental feature in some flashcarts, acekard does not have it - it is a real time save, save ewerywhere in game, kinda like save states in emulator. It
mostly works, smaller compability with 3D games. How it seems to work simply by dumping the content of memory to raw file on memorycard, and loading goes by writing that content back to memory.

2i is better than 2.1 or just 2, because 2.1 has wide hardwate problems and 2i does not.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Sumea said:
Gariscus said:
Sumea said:
blink.gif

Then you are byest.

Cyclo scrolling with touch screen is not bound to movement of your stulys, is is like unclear version of having button on screen
that scrolls the files slowly (compared to acekard, and especially to sakura/moonshell 2)

Also, my huge amounts of frustration come when i try to scroll and it registers it as opening the game what I did want to do, rebooting and repeating. In acekard it only takes touch to icon as launch/open command, not whole rom column.

Not to mention most of launch options still are activated by buttons, all you have is using buttons - not as great as kart boasting "full touch control" could have.

Not only that, acekard loads to menu a second faster than cyclo, and general loadtimes are smaller.

RTS aside, cyclo at moment has very little over acekard for me at moment. It's a great cart, has features, but question "is RTS that is not a perfect function anyway worth 30 bucks?"

of course, cyclo would be on the edge again if normatt were to quit (not likely at moment)

sorry, but with all seriousness, saying cyclo gui is superior is just... It made me think you would even claim
to like it more than sakura system... That is just...

I don't use the touch screen at all on the menu(I already know scrolling with the touch screen sucks, even if the scrolling using the touch screen was as good as AKAIO I'd still use the d-pad), however, scrolling using the d-pad is as fast as scrolling using the d-pad on AKAIO.

The CycloDS takes that bit of extra time on loading the menu because it checks that the CycloDS folder is on the micro sd.

I didn't say the gui was superior to any other flashcart. I said the cart itself "is superior in almost every way."

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Gariscus said:

got it, shittiest excuse for slow loadup tho, akaio is on the microsd too, and that is a 16 meg folder to boot, cyclo reads just 2 megs of bootdata.

Cyclo featurewise is superior, game compability not that much compared to akaio, but does win all others.

For dpad it is same to use both systems, though akaio has option for faster dpad scroll if you so wish...

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Sumea said:
Exbaddude said:

biggrin.gif

Akaio updates every now and then.
More specifically, every week or so. Very quick updates compared to most cards.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Sumea said:
Gariscus said:

got it, shittiest excuse for slow loadup tho, akaio is on the microsd too, and that is a 16 meg folder to boot, cyclo reads just 2 megs of bootdata.

Cyclo featurewise is superior, game compability not that much compared to akaio, but does win all others.

For dpad it is same to use both systems, though akaio has option for faster dpad scroll if you so wish...
The CycloDS also runs a system check...

Anyway Acekard is very good. The CycloDS compatibility is about the same, perhaps better(especially with the new firmware).

One of the real reasons I don't like AKAIO as much as the CycloDS gui is because - and I doubt I'm doing anything wrong - I can't get AKAIO to flash GBA saves onto my 3in1+ that have been created by my retail GBA carts or my CycloDS.

metafox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
OP has the same problem with me and thinking of switching to other flashcarts. The R4 era is TRULY over, sad but true.
unsure.gif
Between the cyclo and the Acekard, i am leaning more towards the Acekard. 16$ vs 46$, i'd rather take my chances with acekard. What does cyclods has to offer that can beat acekard, i mean they both has almost perfect compatibility list, and i am paying more because cyclo has a more flashy background theme, nah uhh! I am getting my acekard today.

Edit: so btw, does the acekard2i uses microSD same as r4? Does a 1GB microSD Kingston JP works on acekards?

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
16 is a risk in that the man devloper could crap out at any time- Acekard replies on a THIRD PARTY. Cyclo does it themselves.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
metafox said:
OP has the same problem with me and thinking of switching to other flashcarts. The R4 era is TRULY over, sad but true.
unsure.gif
Between the cyclo and the Acekard, i am leaning more towards the Acekard. 16$ vs 46$, i'd rather take my chances with acekard. What does cyclods has to offer that can beat acekard, i mean they both has almost perfect compatibility list, and i am paying more because cyclo has a more flashy background theme, nah uhh! I am getting my acekard today.
What does the CycloDS have over all Acekards... Ah, I know: better build quality. The failure rate of the CycloDS is much lower than any versions of the Acekard.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is another reason why you should buy a CycloDS: the new gui that is going to be released in a few weeks time.
happy.gif

fme008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do the game saves in AceKards use .SAV extension?

is the cheat file nae USRCHEAT.dat?

Right now I have a white R4 and well, it's getting old...

Can AceKards support C.O.P. The Recruit?

One last question..

Is it better than EDGE or iEDGE?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
fme008 said:
do the game saves in AceKards use .SAV extension?

is the cheat file nae USRCHEAT.dat?

Right now I have a white R4 and well, it's getting old...

Can AceKards support C.O.P. The Recruit?

One last question..

Is it better than EDGE or iEDGE?

YES!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...