Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
digipokemaster said:
what do i do
do i patch the ysm3.nds and the m3patch.dat?

I can't believe it. I can't make easier to use it.

If you have my older version which still contained the ysm3.nds (you can't download it now) you don't need to do anything just copy. You need to copy the TTMenu and YSMenu folder and the YSM3.nds files on the root of you sd card.
That is it. You don't need to patch anything. Just copy! But I said this a million time before...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
digipokemaster said:
sorry if ur instruction were bland or not clear
...sorry we can't make simple and to the point instructions that give you a wonderful video tutorial on how to double click a program and follow along as the program takes you by the hand in patching the file you want.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I thought I have clearly written on the readme file, on the first post and million other times how to use it. Maybe I'm wrong. But then the other 1500 people who downloaded this why should asked us question like this...?

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
digipokemaster said:
maybe it was clear but i got confused somwhere im sorry gaboros, so i dont patch i just moves those files over rite?

If you have YSM3.nds and you can load in your firmware then yes.
If you don't have YSM3.nds you will have to download the YSMenu.nds and patch it with my files to work as a YSM3.nds.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
big thanks for this.

using it as a replacement firmware, works great, didn't break any saves that i tried. it's fantastic to know that there are great community members who will pick up the slack.

Ыъ&#

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
gaboros said:
Then maybe on iTouch the autoboot doesn't work. Maybe it has a different firmware and then you have to create the autoboot files on a different way. I don't know its firmware, and I don't have that card, so I can't test it.

Indeed, firmware is different, however it is possible to make M3 autoboot on iTouch, it should be possible to boot the YSM3 instead of it with the same tools, we use to boot m3. I tried to add YSM3 in Quad/Dual boot for iTouch, but all that I got was either not fully working YSmenu, or M3's error.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
dark ajax said:
Hey gaboros thanks, i finally got the Golden Sun working... Although I had to use it autoboot only, tried to go to the official YSMenu site and it seems to be down... Anyways thanks...

No problem. You can found the official not precompiles version of the ysmenu package in my filebeam folder if you want it.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gaboros said:
Fel said:
gaboros said:
Taiju Yamada helped me and I followed his advice. So avoid some "disaster" I have removed the YSM3.nds from my package. But I have included a tool which can make YSM3 from the original YSMenu and I have also write in the readme file how to use. (first post also updated) Of course original YSMenu doesn't included in my package, you have to get it from the original page. But if you want to use it autoboot then you don't have to make a YSM3, then you can avoid this steppes.
Why did you remove it, what do you mean by disaster?

Firstly he has reported me to mods because he said my package contains "precompiled ysmenu". But if you remove the YSM3.nds its not true, because it use the m3patch.dat to load games not the r4patch.dat. If you just rename the r4patch.dat it wouldn't load a lot of game. If you use the original m3patch.dat from the package Golden Sun just give you 2 white screen. So in the package the m3patch.dat is made by me, it is not to original. If I didn't remove the ysm3.nds maybe the mods would remove the whole package.
I think it is much batter if I remove the ysm3.nds and I include a tool to let to user to make it, then remove the whole package because If you don't have my new m3patch.dat Golden Sun doesn't work.
Anyway If I update it, and you already downloaded it, it doesn't matter because you don't have to create a new ysm3.nds you can use the old one. Which matter in the update is changing the infolib.dat extinfo.dat savliv.dat r4patch.dat and make a new m3patch.dat. But if you using my package the easiest way is just change the ysmenu and ttmenu folder.
smile.gif

Sorry about that, I know it would be easier but I don't allowed to do that. In this way I allowed. But as I said: If you already have the ysm3.nds you don't have to create a new one.
wink.gif

I read this in Retro's topic:
"If you only copy the 3 .dat files (extinfo, infolib & savlib), you may encounter problems with games. The TTMenu firmware and patch (TTMenu.dat & ttpatch.dat) have also been updated, which is why I state to copy both TTMenu folder and TTMenu.dat to your microSD."
But in the YSM3 you don't use ttpatch.dat. You use m3patch.dat. But if you just rename ttpatch.dat to m3patch.dat it also cause a lot of problem. More then use the original one. Important to get the m3patch.dat because it is a modified ttpatch.dat from retro release to work with YSM3.
Oh right! Okay, thanks! I do have the file fortunately.
smile.gif

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can use this:
http://linkcrypt.ws/dir/67584l6664a9730
Unzip Micro SD,all in Root from Sd

2. Copy contents of the folder "microsd" in the Root of the cart
3. Of new folders called "NDS" provide in the Root of the map SD
4. Plays NDS copy in folder "NDS"
5. DScovery start
6. In list to the left of data carriers select
7. File-> download covers
8. Adapt announcement name Rome by wish
9. File-> update Card
10. if error message: No panic! Simply with "Close" close
11. SD in the M3

Herr_Noobien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
homer46 said:
My friend tried to use ysmenu for m3, but all games over 32mb had the errorcode -82. Can somebody help me ?
Format your SD card using Panasonic formatter. I got the same error when trying to play Strange Journey and formatting fixed it (games would also take around 40sec to boot. Now they take around 4sec).

GenocideSiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, thanks, gaboros. I was going mad trying to find a way to play my precious Golden Sun. Then I happened to stumble upon this.

Funny enough, I actually tried this about..3 - 4 days ago, but I didn't know I was supposed to drag everything to the root of my SD card, I just put the .nds file in my NDS folder, then after it didn't work I called quits.

This is great, I'm so relieved.

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo