Hacking Want to play new games?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dysan said:
will this work on my m3i zero using latest official sakura firmware?
I only want to play 999 (well,and golden sun but I'm sure someone will crack that one).
will that game work?

I'm afraid I'm gonna need extensive directions! lol
It works on M3 Real (tested it myself, then added it to The Quad-Boot) And since both M3 Real and M3i Zero are pretty much the same card, it should work just fine on M3i Zero.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pliskron said:
Many thanks Cat Boy, the new quad boot is stupendous.
No problems
happy.gif
And the best part about it is, It's now officially The Quad-Boot again!
hrth.gif

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could some one make a zip file with all the files i need for this to work and all i have to do is drag them all to my micro sd card?

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
digipokemaster said:
could some one make a zip file with all the files i need for this to work and all i have to do is drag them all to my micro sd card?

That is the point of this topic. xD

Look at the first post...

Ыъ&#

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Using it with iTouch, loads fine. Super Scribblenauts works perfectly. Golden Sun and Tron (even after decryption) give me the error. So, I'm confused...

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Taiju Yamada helped me and I followed his advice. So avoid some "disaster" I have removed the YSM3.nds from my package. But I have included a tool which can make YSM3 from the original YSMenu and I have also write in the readme file how to use. (first post also updated) Of course original YSMenu doesn't included in my package, you have to get it from the original page. But if you want to use it autoboot then you don't have to make a YSM3, then you can avoid this steppes.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gaboros said:
Taiju Yamada helped me and I followed his advice. So avoid some "disaster" I have removed the YSM3.nds from my package. But I have included a tool which can make YSM3 from the original YSMenu and I have also write in the readme file how to use. (first post also updated) Of course original YSMenu doesn't included in my package, you have to get it from the original page. But if you want to use it autoboot then you don't have to make a YSM3, then you can avoid this steppes.
Why did you remove it, what do you mean by disaster?

masterful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Working perfect for Golden Sun on my DSi via my M3iZero. Thanks! Can't wait to try other games for compatibility.

Also FYI the YSM3 autoboot works fine. I copied all the folders onto a fresh SD card to make sure.

Edit: Super Scibblenauts is working too. Wouldn't boot the first time though.

Ыъ&#

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, formating is the lamest advice, but surprisingly it helped.
So yes, Golden Sun works perfectly on iTouch with this YSM3. Tron Evolution still does not load.
999 seems to work without freezes, but I had no time to test properly.
There is issue with fonts in 999 however, text appear being somewhat cracked, with some letters not shown fully, or shown with some pixels in completely different area.

masterful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
???? said:
There is issue with fonts in 999 however, text appear being somewhat cracked, with some letters not shown fully, or shown with some pixels in completely different area.

I'm having the same issue.

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Fel said:
gaboros said:
Why did you remove it, what do you mean by disaster?

Firstly he has reported me to mods because he said my package contains "precompiled ysmenu". But if you remove the YSM3.nds its not true, because it use the m3patch.dat to load games not the r4patch.dat. If you just rename the r4patch.dat it wouldn't load a lot of game. If you use the original m3patch.dat from the package Golden Sun just give you 2 white screen. So in the package the m3patch.dat is made by me, it is not to original. If I didn't remove the ysm3.nds maybe the mods would remove the whole package.
I think it is much batter if I remove the ysm3.nds and I include a tool to let to user to make it, then remove the whole package because If you don't have my new m3patch.dat Golden Sun doesn't work.
Anyway If I update it, and you already downloaded it, it doesn't matter because you don't have to create a new ysm3.nds you can use the old one. Which matter in the update is changing the infolib.dat extinfo.dat savliv.dat r4patch.dat and make a new m3patch.dat. But if you using my package the easiest way is just change the ysmenu and ttmenu folder.
smile.gif

Sorry about that, I know it would be easier but I don't allowed to do that. In this way I allowed. But as I said: If you already have the ysm3.nds you don't have to create a new one.
wink.gif

I read this in Retro's topic:
"If you only copy the 3 .dat files (extinfo, infolib & savlib), you may encounter problems with games. The TTMenu firmware and patch (TTMenu.dat & ttpatch.dat) have also been updated, which is why I state to copy both TTMenu folder and TTMenu.dat to your microSD."
But in the YSM3 you don't use ttpatch.dat. You use m3patch.dat. But if you just rename ttpatch.dat to m3patch.dat it also cause a lot of problem. More then use the original one. Important to get the m3patch.dat because it is a modified ttpatch.dat from retro release to work with YSM3.

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey gaboros,

sorry to see that we get into the same loop as with the woodm3 package...

I tried to build YSM3 from your new archive, but I noticed a few things: first of all, some files were missing: dldipatch.exe, xenoips.exe and ysm3.ips.
I rebuild YSM3.nds, but the resulting file has a different CRC from the one you posted yesterday.

Version 29.11.2010 by gaboros: CRC 78B5F5F2
Version built today: CRC 03521010

The version I built does not run. What did I do wrong?

Geez, why is this such a mess?

Oh, after rereading you previous post I wonder how to build the m3patch.dat. Could you give me some hints on that one?

Gaboros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
aragon said:
Hey gaboros,

sorry to see that we get into the same loop as with the woodm3 package...

I tried to build YSM3 from your new archive, but I noticed a few things: first of all, some files were missing: dldipatch.exe, xenoips.exe and ysm3.ips.
I rebuild YSM3.nds, but the resulting file has a different CRC from the one you posted yesterday.

Version 29.11.2010 by gaboros: CRC 78B5F5F2
Version built today: CRC 03521010

The version I built does not run. What did I do wrong?

Geez, why is this such a mess?

Oh, after rereading you previous post I wonder how to build the m3patch.dat. Could you give me some hints on that one?

Hello!

Thank you for your report. I didn't test it because I thought It work but I will try to fix it. But if you have the original ninetail package the ysm3 in that should work as well. Anyway I will try to found out something.

The answer for your questin:
It is easier then you think! I am sure about you know the original ninetail package. In that package you can found r4patch.dat and m3patch that. There is a program called Lunar IPS (LIPS). Whit that program you can easily create or apply ips files. I created a patch file (I call it m3patch.ips) from the difference of the original r4patch.dat and the m3patch.dat. Then I get Retro's modified r4patch.dat and put it in the YSMenu folder. Then I copied this one and renamed it to m3patch.dat. At this pont it is the same as the r4patch.dat and it won't work! Put if you apply the m3patch.ips which you made it will work and it will be updated. That is the "secret".
To not confuse you I will upload my m3patch.ips in my package. With this ips files you can easily make new m3patch.dat files. (I will upload it in a new package when I found out how to fix the problem you mentioned above, but I sure about you can make an m3patch.ips for yourself).

And while I was writing this lines out found out something... Maybe we should able to make IPS patch file to modifi YSMenu to YSM3. I will try to do this, because it would be a very simple method to make YSM3.

If you got any question about how to make m3patch.dat ask me bravely, I won't keep it as a secret, I share with you if you want.

And to avoid the confuse of other people I will download up the original ysmenu, but it won't be a precompiles version so I am allowed to do this, as I know. (But if not just tell me and I will remove it!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: