Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
da_head said:
ok i haven't read the thread but let me tell u this. there's no other way. wii fit will make u lean at the most, not buff. and whatever u do, DON'T take steriods (unless u want ur balls to be fucked up)

Okay, so no other way to get more improve my muscles then to actually exercise? No Wii Sports, no Wii Fit?

And I don't plan on taking steroids, thanks for the tip though
unsure.gif
u don't have to exercise a lot. even 30min-1 hr sessions (3 times a week) can yield results in a few months, and is quite doable. (i should be telling myself that >.>)
especially working out with a friend, u'd have greater motivation, and someone to spot u.

suggestion: work out with a girl, u can check out her to further motivate u
smileipb2.png

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
da_head said:
Satangel said:
da_head said:
ok i haven't read the thread but let me tell u this. there's no other way. wii fit will make u lean at the most, not buff. and whatever u do, DON'T take steriods (unless u want ur balls to be fucked up)

Okay, so no other way to get more improve my muscles then to actually exercise? No Wii Sports, no Wii Fit?

unsure.gif
u don't have to exercise a lot. even 30min-1 hr sessions (3 times a week) can yield results in a few months, and is quite doable. (i should be telling myself that >.>)
especially working out with a friend, u'd have greater motivation, and someone to spot u.

smileipb2.png

You're quite the sicko aren't you
ph34r.gif

I'm working out for just a few minutes every night, I think I won't get a lot of results soon that way
tongue.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
da_head said:

unsure.gif

Naww, Wii Sports and Wii Fit wont do much at all.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
da_head the pervert said:
smileipb2.png

nice suggest i will give it a shot
okey!!...now where do i find a girl...
cry.gif

Sstew said:
Satangel said:
QUOTE(da_head @ Feb 4 2009, 04:31 PM) ok i haven't read the thread but let me tell u this. there's no other way. wii fit will make u lean at the most, not buff. and whatever u do, DON'T take steriods (unless u want ur balls to be fucked up)

unsure.gif

they both are for people looking to loose weights (its actuallly works) not muscles
i've been playing Wii sports (boxing) before i starting the work out which consist of push-ups, weight lifting and abdominal workouts.
and it works wonderfully together. I've lost 5 kg (60 kg) for the past 1 month and now i got some muscles, my chest its getting tighter and my shoulders are getting wider
smile.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkRey said:
da_head the pervert said:
smileipb2.png

nice suggest i will give it a shot
okey!!...now where do i find a girl...
cry.gif

Sstew said:
Satangel said:
QUOTE(da_head @ Feb 4 2009, 04:31 PM) ok i haven't read the thread but let me tell u this. there's no other way. wii fit will make u lean at the most, not buff. and whatever u do, DON'T take steriods (unless u want ur balls to be fucked up)

unsure.gif

they both are for people looking to loose weights (its actuallly works) not muscles
i've been playing Wii sports (boxing) before i starting the work out which consist of push-ups, weight lifting and abdominal workouts.
and it works wonderfully together. I've lost 5 kg (60 kg) for the past 1 month and now i got some muscles, my chest its getting tighter and my shoulders are getting wider
smile.gif

I thought he just meant Wii Sports/Fit by itself. To lose weight with those you'd need to not eat a ton of calories a day and actually do some excersise though.

Question, Is there a way to gain muscle without losing weight? Im supposed to have a ton of calories a day, yet I gain no weight, I noticed that as I work out, Im starting to lose weight which isnt good for me. While starting to build muscle does the "losing" weight go away, Because isn't muscle heavier than fat?

Oh, I eat like 5000 calories a day, or around there,

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Holy shit, you eat around 5000 calories a DAY and you DON'T LOSE WEIGHT? Dude, I wish I was you! I eat less than 2000 calories a day and I either gain weight or just stay the same.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol,

OFF Topic: Yeah I have Cystic Fibrosis, CF for short- Google it.
So yeah I eat as much as I can, but I think I need to eat around 8000 but untill I get a job I cant help pay for Grocery Bills so..

ON Topic: Found a site with good excersises on it, Let me try to find the link

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sstew said:
Lol,

So yeah I eat as much as I can, but I think I need to eat around 8000 but untill I get a job I cant help pay for Grocery Bills so..

Wow, 8000 calories... that's 4 days worth of food for me. :<

PS: Are you taking medicine or doing some sort of treatment for that? :\ I read about it in wikipedia and uh... it doesn't sound too good. I don't wanna point out the bad stuff to you as I'm sure you already know what it causes long-term...

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Sstew said:
Lol,

Wow, 8000 calories... that's 4 days worth of food for me. :<

PS: Are you taking medicine or doing some sort of treatment for that? :\ I read about it in wikipedia and uh... it doesn't sound too good. I don't wanna point out the bad stuff to you as I'm sure you already know what it causes long-term...

Lol Yeah, its pretty cool I suppose, the only advantage to CF, I have like 6-7 meals a day, and like 8 snacks (snacks = sandwich or two)
tongue.gif

But to make it worse im almost 17 and am like 5'1
95 pounds tops >.>

Yup, Treatments, Meds all that Like 60 pills a day, its ridiculous,, Hah that shit literally keeps me alive, Naww it isnt too good, But im doing good for right now, Online schools keeps me away from sick kids at nasty public schools
tongue.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Satangel said:
Thanks for all the replies, I'm gonna do some of these
smile.gif

Keep 'em coming!
Ah yes, I forgot one. Take rest days. Muscles that are overworked will not grow. They need rest in between workouts. So that means if you work out your arms and legs one Monday, take Tuesday off to rest at home. Then exercise again on Wednesday, then take Thursday off, etc. You get the idea.

Alternatively, if you don't want to waste any time, exercise just your arms on Monday, then just your legs on Tuesday, arms Wednesday, legs Thursday, and so on.

i wouldn't alternate body parts on different days, you need a day off for recovery either way. wether your muscles may have recovered from the previous workout, your nervous system needs to rest too - so workout every other day even if you feel like you are fine the next day.

also if you want to gain muscle avoid doing too many of anything, exhaustion and maximum lifting are two completely different things. you can get exhausted from lifting a banana 500 times which does not = a good workout. same with your push ups, you are only gonna gain muscle if you are lifting more weight every time, with push ups you will only get more efficient at lifting your own weight and you will plateau rapidly.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Satangel said:
So I want to get more arm/chest muscles.
Which exercices should I do?

At the moment I'm doing around 70 sit-ups every night in my bed.
And sometimes (when I feel like it
smile.gif
) I do like 50 push-ups.

As already mentioned, you're doing way too many sit ups too frequently. Your muscles needs time to rest and repair itself in order for proper/faster growth to happen (in as simple terms as possible: when you exercise your muscles and they get bigger, some muscle fibers tear. This is what needs to heal up in order for some of that muscle growth to be maintained).

Eating protein should also help as it reduces the time required for your muscle fibers to heal, therefore meaning that you should be able to do more reps, more frequently (and therefore increase body mass more quickly).

I agree with Ace when he says you should have resting days in between. Personally I only work on the same body part twice a week when possible although things will most likely be different from your end. I'd also reduce your reps to about 50 MAX (3 sets of gradually increasing reps maybe?) and following that, increasing your number of reps you do at once, reducing the number of sets in the progress (e.g. 3 sets of 16 reps).

I'd also recommend you getting some dumbbells/barbells as they allow you to progressively carry more weight, allowing you to still increase your muscle mass, without having to increase your number of reps with the same amount of weight to an amount that will kill you (figuratively speaking
tongue.gif
).

I think this site will be of interest to you
smile.gif
http://www.coopersguns.com/videos/exercise-encyclopedia/

Also, I don't claim to be an expert at this or a gym teacher lol, it's just a few things I've picked up from when I used to visit my college gym and from others who regularly work out.
smile.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
well, try some simple chest presses. a good way to overload your biceps is to take a bench press bar and use it like a double dumb bell. then keep your arms extended and bring the bar over your head and lower it to your neck. then restart! burns good man.

Just a simple excersize for arms and pecs

Dice: That site is awesome!!
biggrin.gif
thnx so much!!!

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for all the help guys! And a big thanks to dice for that site, it rocks!

Okay, so if I understand all this info correctly, I should do about 50 push-ups the monday, then tuesday nothing to let my muscles repair and rest, wednesday first a set of 50 sit-ups, then wait about 5 minutes, and then 60 sit-ups and then wait another 5 minutes and do 70 sit-ups.

I should also eat a lot of protein every day.

I'm not a native speaker of English, and that's why I don't exactly know what you mean by this:

"I'd also reduce your reps to about 50 MAX (3 sets of gradually increasing reps maybe?) and following that, increasing your number of reps you do at once, reducing the number of sets in the progress (e.g. 3 sets of 16 reps)."

Could u please tell it in another way, so even a retard like me can understand it?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I recall this link that a friend suggested: http://hundredpushups.com/index.html so give that a good read
smile.gif
and you should then understand what I was trying to say.

Without actually knowing how long you've been exercising for, it sounded like you were too many sit ups and push ups without actually letting your body get used to doing it on a regular basis.

It's like a fat man attempting to run the marathon without doing any practice before the event. If you don't prepare you're may end up hurting your body.

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I know you said that you were focussing on chest muscles, but this is a good abs workout.

I usually don't trust "_insert ridiculously small number_ minute workouts" and I thought the introduction was bullshit, but it really works. It's nothing special or groundbreaking, but the combination of exercises maximizes visible results.

It's harder than it looks, but it's great for getting in shape if you can keep it up without overdoing it.

I've been doing this for about 4 weeks and I'm seeing considerable results.

Btw, I know what you mean with not wanting to exercise on the hard floor. It's a pain.
laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE2tIaUyN5k

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
vic_rattlehead said:
I know you said that you were focussing on chest muscles, but this is a good abs workout.

I usually don't trust "_insert ridiculously small number_ minute workouts" and I thought the introduction was bullshit, but it really works. It's nothing special or groundbreaking, but the combination of exercises maximizes visible results.

It's harder than it looks, but it's great for getting in shape if you can keep it up without overdoing it.

I've been doing this for about 4 weeks and I'm seeing considerable results.

Btw, I know what you mean with not wanting to exercise on the hard floor. It's a pain.
laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE2tIaUyN5k
yeah have to agree with him
thats what i have been doing for the past months and it works
yaynds.gif

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the reason for not wanting to join a gym?
How in shape are you right now?
What's your diet looking like right now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o