Want a Rockman.EXE: Operate Shooting Star Translation Patch?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Rock Raiyu, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Ziko

Ziko GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2010
    United States
    No problem. I'm just getting tired of people rushing these folks who make these patches. Another reason is because I know how the translators and hackers feel. It's not easy at all. I tried and gave up because I have very little know how in how ROMs work and therefore, don't know how to hack it. Sure, language translation is easy because if you can read Japanese, Spanish, French, etc. and/or speak it, that's the easy part. I can read Japanese well but no one's paying attention. I can also write it pretty good too. Most Japanese games I do play just require some knowledge of the menus and maybe a thing or two about the game itself but it's not that bad.

napalamman likes this.
  2. joseverdin10

joseverdin10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    YES! I love megman BN games. They hold a dear place in my heart. MAKE IT PLEASE. I NEEDS IT!

3. SDODC13

SDODC13 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2009
    United States
    @LuigiBlood Mind if I ask how this tool works? I mean is it proprietary to just OSS or could you use it for other games as well.

4. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    [​IMG]

*snoring* Weegee, are you done yet?

Last edited by bradzx, Aug 10, 2016
    spadesmagnes likes this.
  5. brtatu

brtatu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    Brazil
    I love Battle Network series and also I didn't know there were more than one Megaman BN game for DS - Star Force doesn't count for me btw. Hope this project can be done!

6. bajol

bajol Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    Portugal
    yes, and it would be also cool if you replaced the voice clips with bn5 double team ds ones

just noticed this thread is 6 years old, have this project gone forward or something?

Last edited by bajol, Oct 13, 2016
  7. napalamman

napalamman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2007
    Philippines
    Is there an existing Megaman.EXE OSS working translation...or is it just still a myth? My hats are off to the ones translating these kind of unlocalized games

8. Ziko

Ziko GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2010
    United States
    This translation's dead and I finished the game ages ago myself. It wasn't really that hard it was just something to do for the anniversary of Battle Network. I guess they decided it wasn't worth the effort.

9. napalamman

napalamman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2007
    Philippines
    The project has been finished guys! :yaynds:

https://forums.therockmanexezone.com/rockman-exe-operate-shooting-star-translation-proj-t4427.html

However, when i played, there was some sort of bug or glitch if you may, After the turtorial and i jacked in Lan's PC, when i take a step to walk, it ALWAYS has random encounters with enemies. I mean literally, one step at a time / everytime i move at the map , it always gives me random virus encounter battle , thus deeming it unplayable and super annoying :(

raystriker likes this.
  10. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    That's the game's anti-piracy kicking in.
    Not only will enemies spawn after every step, but you're also unable to edit your chip folder (so you're stuck with the default set).

You'll have to look for an anti-piracy patch to fix that issue.
    There might be one in the AP-patch preservation thread and there's also this download link over here, which I assume should work as well.

napalamman likes this.
  11. napalamman

napalamman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2007
    Philippines
    UGH! What a bunch of greedy sadistic douches! :angry: Thanks so much for the info and link!:bow:

Were you able to play the patched game with flying colors after that?

12. raystriker

raystriker The powers that be

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Let me now if you manage to fix it, would like to play pickup Megaman again :grog:

Edit: nvm, found a completely patched game on the interwebzzzz

Last edited by raystriker, Jul 25, 2019
    napalamman likes this.
  13. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    You're welcome. :)
    Yeah, I was able to play it without any issues whatsoever when I first patched the game (I don't believe the R4 Wood firmware had it auto-patched at the time). This was years ago before the English fan translation patch was released. I do recall getting to the 2nd chapter without any issues, though I eventually stopped playing it back then because I obviously don't know how to read Japanese, haha.

I assume that the AP patch should work just fine alongside the translation patch, though I can't say for sure since I haven't gotten around to trying that yet (which I really should, as I use TWiLight Menu++ to run DS games now).

napalamman likes this.
  14. napalamman

napalamman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2007
    Philippines
    You do not have any plans to continue palying it since there is now an english translation?

15. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    I'll probably get back to playing it at some point, maybe after I'm done with the games I'm currently playing.
    Also, can confirm that the AP patch does indeed work with the translation patch, though I had to apply it before the latter for it to work.

16. napalamman

napalamman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2007
    Philippines
    Can you tell me how to apply the AP patch, please? :unsure: I tried the links you provided but it seems i might be doing something wrong with the Lunar IPS app.... also when i used the DS Scene Rom tool, it says AP Patch is not supported.

How do you properly patch the AP?

Last edited by napalamman, Jul 25, 2019
  17. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    You just have to do the following:
    1. Extract the contents of the AP patch's .zip file (Windows 10 can do this natively; if not, download and install either WinRAR or 7-Zip)
    2. Run Lunar IPS
    3. Apply IPS Patch
    4. Select OSSAFix.ips file
    5. Select Rockman.EXE: Operate Shooting Star rom (Click the drop down menu that says 'Most Common ROM Files' and change it to 'All Files' to be able to view/select .nds files)
    6. AP Patch has been successfully applied.

napalamman likes this.
  18. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    This game is already translated, I believe. I want everything to be translation that isn't released in America and Europe. MORE GAMES TRANSLATION THE BETTER!

19. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Yeah, the game's been fully translated since February 22nd, 2018.
    I'm just here answering some AP patch questions.

If you're looking for another Mega Man/Rockman translation project to keep an eye on, then there's the Rockman.EXE 4.5: Real Operation project, which had a progress update 9 days ago.

napalamman likes this.
  20. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted