ROM Hack Want a Rockman.EXE: Operate Shooting Star Translation Patch?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starcolo.jpg

QUOTE said:
To the dismay of some, Capcom has chosen not bring to America Rockman EXE: Operate Shooting Star, the "enhanced" port of the original Mega Man Battle Network. However, that's not enough to keep one fan down.

A buddy of mine is toying with the notion of translating OSS into English. However, before work can begin on a patch, he'd like to know if this is something the community would want, otherwise it's not really worth the effort. So, question for you is, would you like an English patch for OSS?

The process of creating a patch would take at least three to four months, he notes. Most of the work involves lifting the script from the original GBA game, making the necessary changes, and translating the new material introduced in OSS that wasn't present in the original game (new dialog, new chips, etc.). Again, this will only happen if he sees quite a bit of positive reception to the idea. What do you think? Sound off in the comments! (on the blog)

News Source: Protodude's Rockman Corner

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, i think there are better games to translate on GBA if you're going to put the effort into it. Of course, this is just a script swap. But in all honesty, the game is just so similar to the GBA game, it's hardly worth it. I'd take it and be grateful if given it, but if it's too much trouble, i wouldn't bother with it.

The enhancements were kind of nice, such as running in battles (with a button, not a chip) as well as the new internet map. Right now though, if i play the game, i always go for the GBA version since it IS translated. Nothing in the DS release really catches my eye enough to trudge through a guide to get through the text. I'm not finding myself in constant want for the DS version at all.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been going crazy to play this game. I would love the translation. I am a huge fan of the mmbn series and have played all of then except number 1. I would offer to help but wouldn't have a clue how to do anything.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 4.5 translation is very incomplete and probably less than 1% of any of the dialog is translated (just basic stuff to help you with selections and menu related commands). This is a good idea of how much is translated-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozj7a06vWI8

I'd love to see a 4.5 translation someday, it's a unique game from the looks of it.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
People actually play those games?

Of course I would appreciate it - labours of love are great. I probably wouldn't play it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte