Want a Rockman.EXE: Operate Shooting Star Translation Patch?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Rock Raiyu, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Sobol14

Sobol14 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2007
    Serbia, Republic of
    Never played the BN1, so I'll definitely play the game if somebody makes a translation.

2. airpirate545

airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 5, 2007
    United States
    Would definitely love a patch for OSS. Already played BN1 but meh, I've been looking for an excuse to play it again.

3. PSI Ground

PSI Ground Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2010
    United States
    Not really worth the effort, but if you did it, I'd really enjoy it and give many thanks. EXE1 is a pain in the ass to play because online maps are annoying to use (have to be at a computer) and as everyone knows the freaking internet was an ass to explore. OSS fixed every problem, made everything better - except removing Armor.

4. Beige

Beige GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2008
    United States
    Volcano Bakemeat
    Honestly, I would want it. I want to see what they changed and would love to play the first one over again. I only have a DSi now and no GBA-capable cart so having a translation of this would make things a little easier X3

5. Nimbus

Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

Nov 1, 2009
    Probably being lazy.
    Meh, I don't think it's really worth it. Although at the same time the only real things that need to be done from scratch is the new dialogue and chips and stuff.

Course, BN1 was never my favorite, in fact it was far from it. I think I only got it so that I'd have all of the BN Series up to that point, which at the time I possessed BN3 (Blue Version FTW, you can't find that anywhere anymore), and BN2.

BN1 had some traits I hated, like Recovery Chips were time-freezing, everywhere looked the same, no maps to help. It also seems like the armor system really didn't help at all.

6. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    If the game isn't too difficult to program in a VWF, sure. That's one definite improvement over GBA that might be worth looking into. Not even by the latest DS games has Capcom bothered doing that though...

7. Ryukin631

Ryukin631 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I would like to see that. I really wanted to play that game.

8. bason230

bason230 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2010
    In my atelier 8D
    Personally, and I'm not trying to hide anything, but, seriously, I'd loooove it ohsomuch if I got a translation on my DS, even I'm not at all interested in it anymore. Must be that I'm one of those weird game collectors o.O

9. dan80315

dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    YES. GOD YES. It will take a lot more hours from my life.

10. thumper1023

thumper1023 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2010
    United States
    With my boyfriend Justin
    please, please, please, please, PLEASE translate it!

11. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Former Staff

Former Staff
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    No thanks, but i'm glad it would be you doing the translation instead of some self-serving glory whore.

12. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    A translation would be pretty awesome, especially for the crossover part (damn, I love crossovers).

13. SDODC13

SDODC13 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2009
    United States
    Ok I understand it was a poor port but I seriously would like to play it if it was translated. For me I beat it in japanese but I'd like to actually know what I'm playing instead of looking it up constantly. :3 Plus I tried playing it on GBA and guess what guys, I thought it sucked and as someone else stated the online maps are seriously annoying. I actually enjoyed it this time around cause of some of the little things they did to try and fix BN1.

14. Legendrock

Legendrock Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2010
    Canada
    Yes i would love to have a translation patch. If it were translated i would play for sure. So im In. I tried to play it in japanese but my memories foggy on bn1 so i just kinda gave up on the japanese version but A translation would be conveinient.

15. ChaseRahl

ChaseRahl Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2009
    United States
    +1 here, loved all the BN games, of course same old story for each one, and not an actually interesting one at that, but the game play was addicting.

I've really just been wanting some way of playing multi-player over NDS wifi for awhile, and I assume this was implemented in this remake, right?

Side note, I've always thought how bad ass a MMO of BN would be. Am I wrong?

16. dan80315

dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I'd like another MBN game to play through. [​IMG]

17. lj44

lj44 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    Earth
    really to translate this game would not be worth it. i played a little with the game, and the i was not impressed with the game. i am a fan of the series, but this was unappetizing. id like a new starforce game rather

18. customcrossfusio

customcrossfusio Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2011
    Canada
    OMG YES! i can't read the text in that damn game

19. sysasysa

sysasysa Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    I would certainly play it. I have tried the original before, but since I dont have the cartridge and cant emulate GBA on the DS, I d like to play the enhanced version.

20. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    Nice 8 month bump you guys have here....

There's really no need for a translation with the majority of it being the same as BN 1. Although it would be nice it won't happen and bumping a topic like this isn't going to really help.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted