Hacking Waninkoko's Wii DVD Info v1.0 released

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If Waninkoko wants information why doesn't he post it here in english(!). This way he would get 10 times more results.

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just took a look on the spanish forum...

The information given by waninkoko's app is useless without the type of the wii dvd drive. And that's not the modchip type.

So SilverSurfR, how come your have NO (Nada) drive type?

Anyone knows how to find your wii dvd drive type ?

computerboy said:
I wonder what it's for?

To create a hacked firmware of the dvd drive.
Only way to play 6x backups.
There may be other goodies

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
kedest said:
And you have to register at that forum. Not a very smart move. He should have created a small form on his own website.

Or get his app to send the info via Internet, BootMii Checker style!

Wait, I'm stupid. He needs to know your dvd drive type. And that info cannot be read from the Wii. We have to look for it.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If Waninkoko wants information why doesn't he post it here in english(!). This way he would get 10 times more results.
I seen that whilst researching for info on something, I can probably imagine why Waninkoko wouldn't want it here, the "speculation" and constant questioning. It's their to either help or not.

[Edit] my friend djdynamite has added a image on tehkseen
s8000032.jpg

(he has a drivechip I should add) he has also told me that it returns you to Opera Internet Channel to the Forum to post info. Once you Press A

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To know which dvd drive controller (the info needed by Waninkoko), you'll have to open your wii!

Proceed carefully, and then check out this -> wiidrives.com (scroll down a bit to the DVD controller IC-chip part.)

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Richite said:
this page gives you the drivechip www.wiidrives.com/identify

No, this page guesses your dvd drive controller.

Wiidrive dvd database isn't that big, so they may be wrong. And we don't want to send wrong infos to waninkoko.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder something, If this program can gather info from your Wii DVD drive, whats keeping People from flashing the DVD Firmware? I wonder what purpose this program has?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiBlaster said:
I wonder something, If this program can gather info from your Wii DVD drive, whats keeping People from flashing the DVD Firmware? I wonder what purpose this program has?
Maybe waninkoko wants to edit the DVD firmware?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiiBlaster said:

I think the same, I though that the DVD drive was unaccesible with homebrew, but apparently not, so..?? what are we waiting for..??

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wii DVD Info es una aplicación que nos permite obtener ciertos datos sobre la unidad de DVD de la consola.

Wii DVD Info is a tool that allow us to obtain certain data about the console's DVD unity.

Necesitamos que la mayor cantidad de gente posible utilice esta aplicación para poder crear una base de datos con la información de las diferentes unidades de DVD.

We need as many people as possible use this aplication so we can create a database with the gathered info about the different DVD unities.

Recordad que para postear necesitais saber de antemano la controladora que lleva la unidad de DVD de vuestra Wii (DMS, D2B, D2C...). Sin ese dato, la información obtenida con la aplicación es inútil.

Remeber that you need to previously know the controller chip of your Wii's DVD drive (DMS, D2B, D2C...), without that, the obtained info with the tool is useless.

DESCARGA/DOWNLOAD:
DVD-Info_v1.zip

NOTA/NOTE:
Por favor, postead única y exclusivamente la información obtenida con la aplicación "Wii DVD Info". Cualquier otro mensaje sera borrado. Para cualquier duda, enviarme un MP.

Please, post only the info retrieved with the application "Wii DVD Info". Any other post will be deleted. For any questions, just send me a PM. (Waninkoko)

EJEMPLO/EXAMPLE:
- Level code: 0000
- Device code: 0002
- Release date: 20060526
- Drive chip: D2B

Antes de postear mirad si vuestra unidad ya aparece en el hilo, para evitar que informacion duplicada y asi recopilar los datos mas facilmente

Before post, look if your unity is already on the thread, to avoid duplicated info and get the data more easily

Gracias. Thanks.

Original thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.