Homebrew Waninkoko's Menu Patcher 1.2!

• Thread starter ruiner9
  • Start date
  • Views 9,156
  • Replies 9
R

ruiner9

OP
Up on Waninkoko's blog, he's released the source and only the source to Menu Patcher 1.2. Looking through it, I see multiple references to the NAND emulator and being able to run images from the disc launcher channel without permanently modifying the Wii's system menu. Sounds like fun! Anyone care to take a stab at compiling their own version?
biggrin.gif

Waninkoko's Menu Patcher 1.2

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested this on LU64+ Wiis yet?

I'm not in a big rush to test it as I've got no disks that need loading in the disk channel.

USB ftw! =P

But it would be good to know if anyone has tested it. =)

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I m new into this of modding the Wii. I have compiled from source but now, before testing, I wonder how safe is to run this executable in the Wii. Can I brick the wii by trying to run it if anything goes wrong? Is there anyway to do a safe test in case it is not safe to run it directly in the wii? I have the bootmii installed as ios, so as far as I know, a complete brick can not be undone. Thank you very much!!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
if your new to modding i wouldnt go patching the wii menu if you dont no what your doing or even no what this app does.

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose that if Waninkoko made this app then no harrm should be made to my wii if tried correctly. As far as I know, this app allows to start the system menu as CIOS 249 so backup games can be loaded from the disc channel, am I right? is there anything else I should know? Although new to this, I learn fast though
smile.gif

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well now I have another question: what is the difference btw this app and neogamma or another backup loader? According to what I understood, this app also runs backup games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1