Hacking Waninkoko prepares Firmware Updater 4.2

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TheShadowRunner said:
Here are some findings i thought were worth reporting:
- my Wasabi Zero doesn't read Wii import backups anymore (GC import backups still OK)
The Disc just shows up as an invalid disc in the Disc Channel.
- No problem updating a USA Wii region changed to JPN.
Wanin 4.2 Updater installed 4.2J sucessfully and everything is working just fine.
Wanin updater installed the USA Wii Speak Channel, so of course it didn't even boot (as SM is 4.2J), I removed it with ATD.

I hope Wasabi can fix their firmware to re-allow Wii backups to work.
Report over
wink.gif

Hey shadow can you run your import backup through gecko os to see if the region freeing works that way?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiabs1 said:
But this doens't say for a fresh wii with no mods on it previously.
The info in that thread WILL work on a virgin 4.2 Wii. You have to use either Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns to install the HBC and BootMii, but after that you can follow the steps and be fully softmodded.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
angelus_dark22 said:
Okay i have a question i'm updating with wanin's updater but it seems to hang on downloading content 138 any ideas ?

Im getting -1 error at that point and sometimes at IOS28 TMD download. Ive reverted to using a 2gb SD and I have 1000+ blocks free on the Wii.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
All discs I tried. You know simply ISO's burnt to disc. Every disc worked the other day. GC discs work normally though. I don't understand this AT ALL.
So I now have started Bootmii to put my NAND back where it was an hour ago.

I'll just wait until there's a solution.

EDIT: Phew, I'm back at 4.0E again. Discs work perfect again.

ANY CLUE?????

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
berlinka said:
All discs I tried. You know simply ISO's burnt to disc. Every disc worked the other day. GC discs work normally though. I don't understand this AT ALL.

ANY CLUE?????
The updated HBC and DVDX have different titles. Nintendo was searching for the old titles and deleting them, so Team Twiizers had to rename them. However, this means that software that uses DVDX to access discs will need to be updated to use the new title.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Codify said:
berlinka said:

ANY CLUE?????
The updated HBC and DVDX have different titles. Nintendo was searching for the old titles and deleting them, so Team Twiizers had to rename them. However, this means that software that uses DVDX to access discs will need to be updated to use the new title.

DVDX has nothing to do with backups launched by a modchip........
useless post.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:

ANY CLUE?????
none of my retail, wii or gc discs, work after installing the new hbc and waninkoko 4.2 - i'll buy a lens cleaner in case this is simply a coincidence, but the timing is bizarre.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
OncleJulien said:
berlinka said:

ANY CLUE?????
none of my retail, wii or gc discs, work after installing the new hbc and waninkoko 4.2 - i'll buy a lens cleaner in case this is simply a coincidence, but the timing is bizarre.
Forget the lens. It's like I said. The discs didn't even get recognized at 4.2E. I have a Wiikey (clone) by the way.

Now I restored my Wii back to 4.0, every disc works again. So it's probably, like they said in the ohter thread, a Wiikey issue. The new 4.2 firmware detects our wiikey.
frown.gif

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's my two-cents:

I updated HBC, DVDX and BootMii via the latest (1.05) HackMii installer, I then used Waninkoko's 4.2 updater to attempt to update my SM to 4.2
The install went through and completed without errors, until it attempted to install Wii Speak Channel, which gave me a -1 error. I wasn't too concerned because I don't have, or want, WiiSpeak. The installation finished, however going back and looking, my Wii is still at SM 4.1, and using DOPIOS, it appears that IOS70 is not installed... What happened?

I had 192 blocks free prior to installing, so space doesn't seem like an issue

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Just reading some Wiikey issues...

I updated to 4.2 (not being aware that 4.2 was even out, I was trying to get to 4.1) and, like updating to 3.4, about half my backups would not work. All Wii originals and GC backups work fine (with Wiikey v1).

When I was on 3.4, to get all my backups reading, I had to install the IOS37, 38, 53 & 55 bug fixes (not sure if all were needed). I am yet to try this on 4.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo