Hacking wakinako's backup creator reencrypt the iso.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says is there any easy way to do this? I finally got ahold of the backup creator and like I thought, it compresses a ton better. The wii scrubber's so called "unencrypted" partitions(I don't beleive it as it includes crypted in the file name) barely compress at all whereas if it was truly unencrypted it should yield ~7-15% ratio since the wii doesn't use h.264/mp3/etc.

So anyway yeah, any easy way to reencrypt them? I would like to store them unencrypted as it makes them a ton smaller and then simply reencrypt when I'm ready to push them onto hte wii as i doubt many of the loaders currently support it still. If they do, I won't even bother to try to reencrypt I just know that dolphin doesn't and havne't yet tried to use it on my wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wakinako ? that's a funny name :P
He went from many names, but it's the first time I read this form.
why users don't even try to write correct developer's name? (Waninkoko)

Anyway, about your question, there is a program made by Tueidj to re-create the ISO.
You can find it here: bunpacker (same than users not reading/writing username correctly, this program name magically became known as "unpatcher").

Someone asked if it was possible to add unencrypted ISO support to USBLoaders. I didn't check how to implement it in USBLoaderGX yet.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wakinako ? that's a funny name :P
He went from many names, but it's the first time I read this form.
why users don't even try to write correct developer's name? (Waninkoko)

Anyway, about your question, there is a program made by Tueidj to re-create the ISO.
You can find it here: bunpacker (same than users not reading/writing username correctly, this program name magically became known as "unpatcher").

Someone asked if it was possible to add unencrypted ISO support to USBLoaders. I didn't check how to implement it in USBLoaderGX yet.
Well I can't spell, I've never been able to do so, I type random letters until looks "ok enough" to me. Also I was trying to use segher's ninety(german) program and it doesn't work for me. As far as them working in it, I don't know why it'd be terribly complex for someone who knows what they're doing but since I've not a clue how the wii's startlet works let alone handing it the programs I'd rather leave it to others. Since as i said less space==way better use of my drives.

Edit: Also when looking through it all, they're all having to feed the data to the wii to get the decrypted data so that they can then feed the data into the wii as if it loaded it. It would seem simpler to just do away with it. And I was going to use usbloader since it looked to be more simpler/easier than wiiflow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-