Country
Gambia, The
corenting said:
I have uploaded the last version of XenoFile :
http://filetrip.net/f22604-Xenofile-0-70d1-101105.html
Mirrors are avaible here :
http://www.multiupload.com/GLDG10XYL0
Nice shot.

But i'm unsure if this is the best idea - maybe it is, but may be its not.

We dont know why Xenon++ "retired". If its about insulting or legal threats. Moreover we dont know if he will be back. Sharing his files without his permission - especially when he currently obviously dont likes them to be distributed - may affect his future thought about "returning" ...

Would be nice if someone can translate what they are talking about in the linked conversation, that would possibly make it much easier to come up with a good decision.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Kunda said:
We dont know why Xenon++ "retired". If its about insulting or legal threats. Moreover we dont know if he will be back. Sharing his files without his permission - especially when he currently obviously dont likes them to be distributed - may affect his future thought about "returning" ...
Would be nice if someone can translate what they are talking about in the linked conversation, that would possibly make it much easier to come up with a good decision.
He has definitely left for the time being. Whether he returns or not is up to him, but as for what Xenon is allowing to be redistributed, the list of the folders are below:
QUOTEarm7
bootlib
libfat
libprism
xenofile
Xenofile must be version 0.70b if it is to be redistributed (these ones are forced to GPL rule and are ok).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
He has definitely left for the time being. Whether he returns or not is up to him, but as for what Xenon is allowing to be redistributed, the list of the folders are below:
QUOTE said:
arm7
bootlib
libfat
libprism
xenofile
Xenofile must be version 0.70b if it is to be redistributed (these ones are forced to GPL rule and are ok).
Do you happen to have those?
If so, could you perhaps upload a package of that to FileTrip in the proper way?
i.e including the source and putting the author as Xenon++ and not what corenting did by put himself as the author?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Do you happen to have those?
If so, could you perhaps upload a package of that to FileTrip in the proper way?
i.e including the source and putting the author as Xenon++ and not what corenting did by put himself as the author?
I only have r31 of mshl2tools unfortunately. I've been trying to find a way to get r32 back, but I don't remember if I even had it on my computer in the first place (might have updated on a public computer). All of them except for Xenofile should be fine maybe...I would rather someone try and recover the latest files on their own computer and then release the folders I posted above (you can't just post the .nds btw, it has to be full thing with sources).

corenting, if you could recover those files, it would be file to distribute the ones I specified.

antixenon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you using Xenon++'s software?
He is just a pirate! Don't use his software if you don't want to be considered as pirate, too.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the wrong site to complain about piracy.
Copywrite is the crime.
Xenon was a true legend, it's retards like you that have killed his hard work.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
antixenon said:
He is just a pirate! Don't use his software if you don't want to be considered as pirate, too.
You are totally not attacking Xenon because he is a pirate, so don't claim that is your only argument.

QUOTE(thetruth123 @ Nov 8 2010, 05:28 PM) What exactly is Xenofile anyway?
Xenofile is an extremely simplistic feeling file organizer that is less glitchy than DSOrganize and excels at file organizing obviously xD. It can rename, delete, cut, copy, dump your DS's firmware, dump the bios7 and bios9, check hashes, utilize extlinks, change file attributes (hidden/readonly/system), allow mSD swapping, boot to either the NDS firmware, Slot2 NDS or GBA, show your microSD's info (partitions, clusters, etc.), create files and directories, encrypt and decrypt headers (for encrypted roms like Sonic Olympics or whatever it was called), change the time stamp on files, check the properties of files, dldi patch homebrew, boot homebrew, preview splash.ani files, view .b15/.bmp files, and maybe some other things that I might have forgotten.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ gets impersonated on a message board, most likely the person posted something not nice about him... then "antixenon" shows up here bashing Xenon++.

How much you want to bet they two are the same person and that it is just a butthurt idiot who is jealous of Xenon++?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
twiztidsinz said:
Xenon++ gets impersonated on a message board, most likely the person posted something not nice about him... then "antixenon" shows up here bashing Xenon++.

How much you want to bet they two are the same person and that it is just a butthurt idiot who is jealous of Xenon++?

Yeah, Xenon++ is the Best, and, if I'm not wrong, a Pirate is a person wo sales ilegal games copies or any software for use them, not sharing, and plus, the use of the software is responsibility of the owner, not the designer, for example, there are people wo uses flashcards only to boot homebrew, and the most known person is Moonlight, the developer of Moonshell, rigth?, so, stop bashing Xenon++ when the only thing he's doing is sharing his work with all of us... Hope him will return, all of us are missing him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See some new 830gb builds that should work on the cheaper ones
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    For your steam deck ken?
    If just for PC I would recommend an external hard drive like 2 TB and just build your own bootable drive
    Although even if it's the steam deck and a 1TB MicroSD I would still recommend building it yourself.... Almost all the builds I tried just sucked
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but why not just have a img file mounted through us you can still transfer through windows
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Usb*
    Yeah Batocera has a shared folder it's pretty cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Less clutter for all the 6 usb options we never use
    Just drag and drop your Barbie Roms
    Barbies BDSM Dungeon Adventure Featuring Gimp Ken!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's the Florida meth
    Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Although expensive Florida meth can rot the brightest of minds
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol qbits almost taking a
    full gb of ram usage
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: