Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
we all pirate games every day and no one says anything moral about it. once someone "pirates" xenon++ 's work and its a community uproar about respecting wishes and the justification of morality? i really don't see the problem with preserving files or redistributing files. this is a board that caters to pirates and hackers.

with that said, there should be no redistribution of old files that add nothing new. that type of release would be a dupe and quickly removed from filetrip. however, mirroring of files i don't have a problem with because it perserves the files for a future generation of users.

it seems some have an issue with the files being on filetrip. please remember that filetrip has a goal to host all files in an effort to maintain working back-ups. if an author wants his/her files removed then they would need to request it and have good reason (ie: i've sold the project and i no longer own the code, the license does not permit distribution, etc). as i understand it xenoon++ requested it, but a request does not need to be honored. let us not forget that there is little honor among thieves and pirates and respect is earned.

-another world

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
He's tried doing this for every single one that he possibly could get his hands on...As shown by a certain thread link that he posts in EVERY SINGLE THING that he repacks. And btw, if anyone hasn't noticed, he is also shoving unneeded files as well (and of course shoving a supremely suspicious file which turns out to be another file stuffing credits to him and Xenon++ for a second time).
I suppose technically there isn't much wrong with the download (unless YWG doesn't like it and the fact that it is seriously outdated and seems to be just for increasing e-peen...). Though why anyone would feel the need to repack something that was already correctly set up to begin with and then plaster their name around is beyond me...even Amaro at least attempts to DO something else with the various homebrew he stuffs together...this repack literally just delivers the files that were previously packed up fine in an unpacked fashion and then REPACKs it for whatever the hell reason to give people the same pack they would have started with in the first place and then some extra crap that doesn't even DO anything.

Yes this is true, but let me tell you there are ALOT of people that steal the downloads and then CLAIM it to own it there selfs.
So I add one extra file to credit myself and the owner... sowhat?

Correct again for the second line but i have you know that not everyone is as smart as your Amaro.
And again this is just an simple update for some simple things to make it complete, nothing big nothing interesting.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
To be fair, CoolKill3r isn't distributing any files that Xenon++ said not to according to that screeny. I mean, I can't be sure since I'm not downloading it as I have an original R4, but if those files aren't in there, what Xenon++ wanted is still technically being upheld.
WAIO is really outdated and should just be abandoned though. It had lots of problems even when it was an active project (for the short time that it was), and was abandoned presumably because it would be too much work to keep updated and bug free. I don't know for sure, I didn't even try to keep up with it.
Technically correct. WAIO is outdated, but it wasn't that it had a lot of problems when it was active, it was abandoned because certain people didn't like what Xenon++ was doing and so they posted some...old personal information that Xenon++ has long since rectified...which convinced Xenon++ to leave the scene. All in all, WAIO was actually very stable and any problems that occurred, Xenon++ would help fix.

Another World said:
with that said, there should be no redistribution of old files that add nothing new. that type of release would be a dupe and quickly removed from filetrip. however, mirroring of files i don't have a problem with because it preserves the files for a future generation of users.

it seems some have an issue with the files being on filetrip. please remember that filetrip has a goal to host all files in an effort to maintain working back-ups. if an author wants his/her files removed then they would need to request it and have good reason (ie: i've sold the project and i no longer own the code, the license does not permit distribution, etc). as i understand it xenoon++ requested it, but a request does not need to be honored. let us not forget that there is little honor among thieves and pirates and respect is earned.

-another world
While I do see the basis for the preservation of files for future generations, I highly doubt that a repack of an old kernel without the sources would be useful as a learning tool or a kernel to be used by anyone when many times, the other alternative of YSMenu is currently available with a higher compatibility and support. With that said, I have no qualms about people who really couldn't care less about the compatibility and just want it for the UI...but then that doesn't really need a repacking...(if there are any themers though, feel free to make a skin for it...and since the themes are interchangeable with AKAIO themes...just remember to post them up so I can see them =D).

QUOTE(CoolKill3r @ Apr 10 2011, 12:34 AM)
Yes this is true, but let me tell you there are ALOT of people that steal the downloads and then CLAIM it to own it there selfs.
So I add one extra file to credit myself and the owner... sowhat?

Correct again for the second line but i have you know that not everyone is as smart as your Amaro.
And again this is just an simple update for some simple things to make it complete, nothing big nothing interesting.
I highly doubt someone would steal an old repack and even on the off chance they did, they would obviously not be able to provide more support than anyone else can...in which case that would be to reformat and try again. That by itself can prove that the files were taken from somewhere else. While I don't have a problem with adding credits to something that one has done, I feel that separating a previously correctly packed archive just to add a program to pack it back in the same order does not warrant much credit or any credit at all because otherwise, by the same logic, I could release BAGPlug unpacked with a simple .batch file that would pack it back in the exact same order and call it "BAGPlug (REPACKED) v1.0"...but that already sounds hellishly stupid even as I say it. Should this not prove to be a convincing point, I could provide an example using your repack in which I repack your repack with credits to myself, Xenon++, and you which does absolutely nothing apart from me adding a couple changed icons and maybe a premade theme and possibly a batch file to repack everything into the original package that it was in before it was repacked twice and spread my name to the microSD's of various noobish clone flashcart users around the globe solely for the reason that I can unpack a package and add something that can repack it from the user's side.
Not only that, but to also HIDE credits within a file that isn't used, that just takes up space, that has no other use than to provide a way to say "I WAS HERE" really bothers me. Similarly, it bothered me when the same was done for the Wood kernels back with it's initial releases (hence the reason why I thought a default skin would be a better way to go about things...). Even among some of the other repackages that are available, it isn't a usual occurrence to see one HIDE credits to themselves and many times just stuff everything back into an archive (maybe with a new readme) and host it up somewhere.

While I may or may not think Amaro is smart (quite frankly I dislike what he does because it doesn't provide much uses either) I hold some faith that even the dumbest flashcart user would know that files need to be on the microSD to run. Should they be dumb enough not to know that they need to unzip an archive, then no repacking would help them accomplish their task. Supposing that they at least have the meager intelligence needed to unzip an archive, your repack is less noob friendly than Xenon++'s original package. While the people that aren't complete idiots and can actually READ a readme, can follow everything correctly, they would at some point need to check what drive they are using, type various characters, and follow more instructions than they would have if they used Xenon++'s original package which consisted of a simple drag&drop which even the idiots who didn't read the readme like they should have, would eventually get it set up correctly without any hassles unless they don't have the brains to realize that the wood.nds would be referring to their flashcart. Supposing these same idiots were to end up with your repack, they would not be able to do the simple drag&drop and might even ask how to run the .exe on their nds (and yes, some idiots have asked that before). The fact that you even split up all of the files into 10 separate folders for no apparent reason gives the dumbest of users a smaller chance of ever getting it right. All in all, the exe that you provide for repacking the package back to the original packaging takes more effort in which the user has to unzip, open the exe, type, open a window to see their drive, type, and then wait before they hopefully have the correct setup if they can even pay attention to the .exe in the first place, compared to the original package which consisted of an unzip, open drive, drag&drop, go down the short list of .nds files if they don't have a brain (or go directly to the correct .nds file if they do have a brain) and then continue on with their outdated kernel that probably wouldn't be able to play what they wanted anyways.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1). HOLY SHIT did you [censored] WAIO (This isn't so much a "repack" as a "shitty compilation with horrible installer").
2). You're not distributing the source... a big no-no.
3). Surprised you haven't chaffed your ePeen yet from all your vigorous jerking, attentionwhore.

AlanJohn said:
YES YES YES YES!!!
My dream has came true!
I always wished to see a WAIO v1.28 REPACKED v3.0 (CK3)!
He never said that... and given that his 'claim to fame' is decrypting Wood to NDS file by dragging and dropping it onto a program, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it either.

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
1). HOLY SHIT did you [censored] WAIO (This isn't so much a "repack" as a "shitty compilation with horrible installer").
2). You're not distributing the source... a big no-no.
3). Surprised you haven't chaffed your ePeen yet from all your vigorous jerking, attentionwhore.

AlanJohn said:
YES YES YES YES!!!
My dream has came true!
I always wished to see a WAIO v1.28 REPACKED v3.0 (CK3)!
He never said that... and given that his 'claim to fame' is decrypting Wood to NDS file by dragging and dropping it onto a program, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it either.

To be fair i tryed something for updating it with game support.
But it 'partly' failed.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CoolKill3r said:
Well well it seems that WAIO will be supporting new games soon.
Just wait a few days ^^

Dont ask questions. *CoolKill3r*
I can confirm that.

@jurassicplayer : i agree with you.
wink.gif

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
CoolKill3r said:
Well well it seems that WAIO will be supporting new games soon.
Just wait a few days ^^

Dont ask questions. *CoolKill3r*
I can confirm that.

@jurassicplayer : i agree with you.
wink.gif

hope this works ck3 itll be a good thing for meh since i wont waste my time buying a r4 cuz im getting a psp go soon so ill stick with waio i just hope u somehow find a way to update it :]

Joel16

miss_p1nky

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I'd like to ask something about installing WAIO, is this the correct thread?
I'm newbie here, sorry if I make any mistakes. Please do tell me if I do... and pls point me to the correct thread.

I have a N5 flashcart and I've downloaded the newest WAIO. I installed the WAIO installer to my SD card, however when I started my NDS it only shows Loading screen.
I think I'm missing here, perhaps a firmware, since the WAIO only provide a _rpg folder and some .nds with title like woodforr4 etc besides my game roms, of course.
Do I need to put anything else in my SD card to support WAIO?
I've tried putting the N5 official firmware (doesn't work), wood for r4 files (doesn't work), and googling here & there.

I'm hoping somebody could help me.

Thank you :)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hello, I'd like to ask something about installing WAIO, is this the correct thread?
I'm newbie here, sorry if I make any mistakes. Please do tell me if I do... and pls point me to the correct thread.

I have a N5 flashcart and I've downloaded the newest WAIO. I installed the WAIO installer to my SD card, however when I started my NDS it only shows Loading screen.
I think I'm missing here, perhaps a firmware, since the WAIO only provide a _rpg folder and some .nds with title like woodforr4 etc besides my game roms, of course.
I've tried putting the N5 official firmware (doesn't work), wood for r4 files (doesn't work), and googling here & there.

hi there

this topic is very old

if you have a n5 best thing to do it copy off games and wipe the sd card

extract the following files from this download
http://www.dsn5.com/...rsion_v1.32.rar
and place them on your card

then download
http://filetrip.net/...679-f28233.html
and open the "R4_Clone folder"
and copy the contents from there onto your SD card

then load up the card and run the TTMenu or YSMenu .nds

then you can load pretty much any game and it should work on your card

if you could take a picture of your card and post it that would help us identify that the files are correct for your card also

miss_p1nky

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

hi there

this topic is very old

if you have a n5 best thing to do it copy off games and wipe the sd card

extract the following files from this download
http://www.dsn5.com/...rsion_v1.32.rar
and place them on your card

then download
http://filetrip.net/...679-f28233.html
and open the "R4_Clone folder"
and copy the contents from there onto your SD card

then load up the card and run the TTMenu or YSMenu .nds

then you can load pretty much any game and it should work on your card

if you could take a picture of your card and post it that would help us identify that the files are correct for your card also

Thank you thank you so much! I can't express my gratitude enough.
I'm gonna try this and get back to you if I encounter any problem.
I'm quite sure my card is n5, I know it's crap but I didn't know that at the time of buying (the seller convinced me) and now I'm stuck with it. Unless I buy new NDS like the XL or 3DS then I don't bother to buy new flashcart. (Sorry, OOT!)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

Mr. Turner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I play Pokemon Conquest with WAIO v1.16 for R4 Clones (REPACKED v3.0)???
Wood 1.16 is an old version and won't fix the AP.

Read the official conquest thread for how people got it to work on their cart. If there's no info on yours, buy a less-shitty cart.
Mmm... I've seen it, but I need to know wich patch should I use and what firmware becase R4 wood 1.48 is not for clones... and I've tried wood waio, ysmenu and the only thing that has "worked" is a way (I get past the white screen, just to be stuck on the loading screen with the Eevee) with a wood.nds file named "woodr4ls.nds"

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can I play Pokemon Conquest with WAIO v1.16 for R4 Clones (REPACKED v3.0)???
Buy the real game or a less crap card if you want to play.
I suggest one of these cards
Acekard 2i, R4, R4i Gold (from r4ids.cn/), EZVi, and Supercard DSTwo
I suggest buying from that site as well since nds-card.com is GBATemp official sponsor.

Also please leave all pokemon conquest chatter in the official thread for it
http://gbatemp.net/topic/328986-official-pokemon-conquest-discussion-thread

Mr. Turner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1