M3 DS Simply

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by grcd, Jul 23, 2019.

1. grcd
    OP

grcd Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Hi, I have an ancient M3 DS Simply. I am not sure if it is a 'fake'/clone, or an original. But I remember it did used to work fine with firmware by visiting www.m3adapter.com as suggested on the cart itself.

Sadly, the website is shut now. I need to find the most up to date, compatible firmware (and ideally kernel + cheat files database) for my card.

I tried Wood R4 v1.62 using a 16GB Lexar 'High Speed' Micro SD HC (Class 10) Card, by copying all relevant files.
    I formatted my Micro SD card using the Windows Formatter, setting it up for 32K with FAT32. As it is over 4GB, I know I cannot use FAT 16. I read somewhere that my card needs to be 2GB or less and only FAT16 -- but I can almost swear I used to work with larger than 2GB cards previously with this M3 DS Simply flashcart.

However, the DS Lite (USG-001) does not recognize the card at all. My card's sticker looks like this:

[​IMG]

Can anyone help me find a verified firmware that will work on my card. I am only interested in running this on a DS Lite -- not a DSi, or a 3DS.

I am also happy to contemplate an 'old'/outdated M3 Simply firmware, if nothing else will work. I tried, but I haven't found these either.

Any help will be so welcome!

Edit: I went ahead and tried with a non SD HC Micro SD Card: A SanDisk Mobile Ultra 2GB (unspecified Class). I tried formatting it to FAT16 using SD Card Formatter, but it is still not working / not getting recognized. I also tried FAT32 with the same 2GB card, so this is not (solely) an SD HC issue. I will try next with original M3 Simply firmware -- if I can find it and report back.

Edit 2: I can confirm I have found a solution. Turns out using the latest R4 Firmware (Wood R4 v1.62) was the real stumbling block. Using instead Wood R4 v1.16 (found here - filename: 22634-Wood R4 v1.16.7z) and the 2GB card formatted to FAT32 the DS booted fine. I will now keep testing other later updates, to check which update broke compatibility. I will also test the other card (SD HC) and report back for others who may find this useful.

Last edited by grcd, Jul 23, 2019
  2. malekmaroc7

malekmaroc7 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2017
    Morocco
    alexander1970 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted