OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://wadder.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=278

I'm getting pissed off by this blur factor right now, so I'm releasing a public beta for all you guys (except those lucky people that have already used it :]).

Soooo...here's what you need to know:
  • Delete C:\wadder\ before installing. I don't know what might happen if you don't, but I'd do it just to be safe (uninstalling WADder also works).
  • INSTALL MICROSOFT FORMS 2.0!
  • Some (if not all) "Original WADs" will not work (create blurry final channels). I'm working on this.
  • Yes, you must get the banner and icon from the same source. I'll change this later.
  • Sound support is most likely broken, as in I haven't tried it in months and don't know if it works or not. I recommend always not checking to enable changing the sound, at least until reports are in.
  • This is a BETA. Everything isn't perfect -- and wont be for a bit longer. Please don't complain
    smile.gif
  • WADs created with WADder 2.0 return to sysmenu when you select return to loader. Yes, this means that THERE IS NO MORE RETURN TO LOADER ISSUE!

Download: Here (local)

My method uses TPLx from GCube to convert to TGA for previewing (and sizes), then uses gentpl (with permission from comex) to convert back to TPL, so it is perfectly legal (nothing ninty SDK in there -- both are open source
biggrin.gif
).

QUOTE said:
Legal notice:
WADder should be now legal, at least I hope. No Nintendo property is included, and no Team Twiizer/marcan/etc property is either. I have permission to use HowardC's U8Tool, gentpl by comex, and the rest of the applications are (AFAIK) GPL and as such I can use them. If your application is included, and you wish for it to be removed, please contact me.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
about the legal issues, not that many worries about that here, but I think you are not allowed to distribute some of the tools that Wadder script use without author approbation: Irfanview & Wavosaur especially

to convert image files into tpl, you can also use shagkur, GXTevconv.exe from the devkitppc release

QUOTE said:
WADs created with WADder 2.0 return to sysmenu when you select return to loader. Yes, this means that THERE IS NO MORE RETURN TO LOADER ISSUE!
how is that possible ? you would have to copy a specific code at a specific memory address before loading the lmain dol .. did you use a modified NAND loader ?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
oh yeah, never thought it has been released yet..
it's the included 00000001.app right ? is there a source somewhere ?

you should definitively add a readme with WADDER which details precisely what tools/applications/data it is using and from whom they come
could be vey useful

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks like WADChannelsUpdater!?

What's the difference?
Okay... sound is supported.

Anything else?

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-- Easier
-- less chanse of screwing up
-- no GUI automation
-- easier image replacement (no photoshop/gimp needed)
-- legal, easy tpl conversion
-- etc

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
icefireicefire said:
  • WADs created with WADder 2.0 return to sysmenu when you select return to loader. Yes, this means that THERE IS NO MORE RETURN TO LOADER ISSUE!
My method uses TPLx from GCube to convert to TGA for previewing (and sizes), then uses gentpl (with permission from comex) to convert back to TPL, so it is perfectly legal (nothing ninty SDK in there -- both are open source
biggrin.gif
).

QUOTE said:
Legal notice:
WADder should be now legal, at least I hope. No Nintendo property is included, and no Team Twiizer/marcan/etc property is either. I have permission to use HowardC's U8Tool, gentpl by comex, and the rest of the applications are (AFAIK) GPL and as such I can use them. If your application is included, and you wish for it to be removed, please contact me.

HOT!!!!!
yaynds.gif

Madness?

This is WADDER!

Well, I really love the return to system menu thing...
ohmy.gif

And the legal note...
smile.gif

Thank you sooo much.
biggrin.gif

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you forced to select an original wad with this version? You can't create a new one from scratch anymore?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because this version no longer includes the base.wad file that was used in older versions. It was a pure nintendo piece of software that made Wadder an illegal app. So now it requires the user to provide a wad file to modify. It has also had all the other illegal stuff removed making the download and app completely legal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E