Hacking Wad Studio v0.0.0.2b12 Released

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great besides:

When trying to pack it tells you that the banner.bin and icon.bin was not unpcked
(This can be worked around by clicking "Ok" ( a new Wad Studio Window will be opened ) Exit out of the window. Click "Ok" again, exit out of the window. It starts to pack it, but if you use sound it will get stuck, (not using the loop feature)

When trying to install through wad manager Fails to install the title, error ret = -1035 (Using banner and icon type A fix)

Never mind, that was a fault on my part.

After getting my wad to install, it works fine, but when pressing home (to return to wii menu) crashes (code dump)

Also Banner Type A fix
Icon Type A fix
WORKS!
smile.gif

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slight tweaks, shows all background apps by default therefore should be MUCH MUCH more reliable. Still needs TexConv.exe to be added manually.

URL REMOVED BY AUTHOR FOR NOW. I spotted some glaring bugs which must be fixed, it was looking for stuff in a directory based upone where the input files were located, rather than based upon the script dir. D'OH!

@ Icefire - anyone can use any bits of code from this, as long as it's not those Argon fiends! If it helps make some better tools then I'm all for it. This was just a little project for me to see if I could do it and prove some concepts. If other people can save some time by using this I'm all for it. Keep up the good work with Wadder 2.0. You probably know, but the /c means it will close when it finishes (as opposed to /k which keeps it open). The /b forces windows to treat these files as binary, rather than text, which simply wouldn't work!

@ OSW - Type A adds 16 bytes of 00, Type B adds 32 bytes of 00. 16 bytes fixes most things, but 32 bytes is needed for WiiFit icon from opening.bnr extracted from game disc. Basically, try no fix, if it's blurry, try Type A, if it's still blurry, run it again, exactly the same, but run Type B. If you want to keep adding zeros run the wad you create through it again, and use th fix option, this way you could add as many 00's as you like, but I don't know what happens at high numbers. So far this hasn't caused me any bricks it just makes clear icons go back to fuzzy if you add too many.

It should be pretty fast to extract everything now. Try setting it to show all background programs (in settings tab) and see if you can identify where its no extracted properly. Sometimes it won't let go of some files, so can't delete and replace things properly. try rebooting, or extracting it to a different directory and running it from there.

@ crwys - try it again with all background programs shown (settings tab) this should help it handle the sound properly - it's a bit temperamental when they're hidden
frown.gif

Code dump happens becuase homebrew apps are generally written to return to the loader they came from. In a channel they don't come from a loader so they fail.

This can be solved by using a nand loader (00000002.app) that can return them gracefully back to the channel screen. Comex has written one that always returns to the menu, icefire has got permission to use that in wadder, so wadder 2.0 will fix this.

The other cause of this is the way the homebrew app is written to handle exits. Frodo (wiibrew) for example has just been updated to return to the channel menu properly.

So to solve this... edit the source code, use a different nand loader (and .tik, .tmd, .crt etc), or just use wadder 2.0 when it's finished.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: