Hacking Wad Studio v0.0.0.2b12 Released

djbubba2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wilsoff has released what every WAD creator is going to want to grab up. Wad Studio allows you to extract the banner and animation from WAD files so you can edit them and then also lets you place them back in the WAD.

Quote:
Wad Studio is a Windows application that helps the user to edit animated WADs (Banner and Icon). It automates the extraction of images from a WAD file provided by the user. It comverts these images to TGA format which can be edited in Photoshop or GIMP 2.0. It then automates the repacking of WAD with the edited images and allows the user to include a new DOL file in the WAD.

Known Issues

If you don't have MS Office installed you need to go the link the root folder and download something from microsoft. This is to make HowardC's U8Tool run properly. This link is also included with HowardC U8Tool 9.0.
Channels with animated icons are not showing up in channels within wii settings.
One report that it launches windows media player and fails.
Some channel icons appear fuzzy once they are repacked. If you get this try a different template WAD. Project Bang and World of Goo are working fine.
WARNING: It hasn't made any wads that bricked my wii yet, but there's always a risk, so please make sure you can recover from a banner brick before you install any of these wads. Twilight Princess Save, Starfall etc installed.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Wilsoff/wadstudio
it works pretty good , i like it ..works on vista too

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ djbubba
im the one that had the problem yesterday with the windows media player. did that get fix or not. he has not send me a pm to tell me if it got fixed. i would love to use this. i can do animated banners but this would be faster!!!!!

djbubba2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it said in the fax ..One report that it launches windows media player and fails. but its working for me .. i am on vista 32bit..now i am going to install it on XP now to see if it works ..

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Woah!

Awesome !!
happy.gif
And legal!
happy.gif

I'm gonna try out in a sec!
yaynds.gif

Thanks!

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my problem with this program is step 3. my windows media player pops up at the end of every app. and if i dont close the player it wont continue. i guess i got it wait for a fix for me.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buby78 said:
my problem with this program is step 3. my windows media player pops up at the end of every app. and if i dont close the player it wont continue. i guess i got it wait for a fix for me.
The comment on the [downloads page] at WiiBrew says "(v0.0.0.2b14 - fixed windows media player issue)".

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summersett said:
buby78 said:
The comment on the [downloads page] at WiiBrew says "(v0.0.0.2b14 - fixed windows media player issue)".
yep that did it!!!! i just got back and i had a pm over at wadder from wilsoff with the new one
biggrin.gif
. fuckin great time to play
tongue.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a problem....took a wad and just replaced the dol using this program....put same wad in for both banner and icon....I end up with bad-looking banners, looks like every other horizontal line has been shifted a few pixels...wads still work no bricks, but channel banner text is unreadable and images unclear because of this...no clue why this happened to me...using newest "Fixed" version.

edit: I think this is the "fuzzy images" glitch:
"Some channel icons appear fuzzy once they are repacked. If you get this try a different template WAD."

but I really want to use the channels I have... :-/

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don Killah said:
Good news mate, mind sharing with us how to make animated banners?
get a wad with an animated banner and icon.you can use to different wads if you want one for banner and one for icon. the first step is to pick the wads for banner and icon. pick the the wad or wads press unpack. dont touch anything til its done! step two edit the images with photo shop or i for got the other program. save them over the originals. step 3 pick the dol you want, enter id for it and the name you want. then select the output button and just hit save. then press pack again dont touch anything til its done! you got your self a new animated channel!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/