Homebrew Wad Manager

stayingarmed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if waninkoko posts on here or if anyone on here talks to him, but do you think it would be possible to make wad manager read sub-folders in the future?

right now on the SD card you put all your wad files into the folder "wad"
I think it would be nice if it could read sub-folders so that you could organize things a little bit.
It seems that since you select the source device "wii sd slot, usb mass storage device, etc" that after selecting the source you should be able to select what folder to go into also. Make maybe a scroll list like the list of files available so you can choose the subfolder and then go inside it and pick the wad.

For instance:
SD card root>wad>Games folder
or
SD card root>wad>System Menus

I think it would be nice to have multiple sub-folders so that I could organize my game wads in one folder, my cioscorp files in another folder, my system menu wads in another folder, etc.

It seems like an easy feature but since I'm not a coder I have no clue how hard it would be.

friknfrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could rename your wad's to - Eg:

Apps_Any_Title_Deleter.wad
Games_snes9xgx008.wad
Games_Visualboy.wad
System_3.2U_Official.wad
System_IOS16.wad
System_IOS36r7.wad

This is what I've done. Makes it easier to sort through them
smile.gif

It's ok to do this since the Wii doesn't care about the wad name, only the title ID.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im not too much practised in Wii coding, but I have done some DS coding and ive written a function to do this on the DS, and its not that hard. Waninkoko would be able to do this easy, but thing is, would he? If you can somehow get the suggestion to him hey might consider it I guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm