Wad Manager

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by syst3merror, Jan 21, 2009.

Jan 21, 2009

Wad Manager by syst3merror at 11:38 PM (975 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. syst3merror
    OP

Member syst3merror GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure if waninkoko posts on here or if anyone on here talks to him, but do you think it would be possible to make wad manager read sub-folders in the future?

right now on the SD card you put all your wad files into the folder "wad"
    I think it would be nice if it could read sub-folders so that you could organize things a little bit.
    It seems that since you select the source device "wii sd slot, usb mass storage device, etc" that after selecting the source you should be able to select what folder to go into also. Make maybe a scroll list like the list of files available so you can choose the subfolder and then go inside it and pick the wad.

For instance:
    SD card root>wad>Games folder
    or
    SD card root>wad>System Menus

I think it would be nice to have multiple sub-folders so that I could organize my game wads in one folder, my cioscorp files in another folder, my system menu wads in another folder, etc.

It seems like an easy feature but since I'm not a coder I have no clue how hard it would be.

2. friknfrak

Newcomer friknfrak Advanced Member

United States
    Or you could rename your wad's to - Eg:

Apps_Any_Title_Deleter.wad
    Games_snes9xgx008.wad
    Games_Visualboy.wad
    System_3.2U_Official.wad
    System_IOS16.wad
    System_IOS36r7.wad

This is what I've done. Makes it easier to sort through them [​IMG]
    It's ok to do this since the Wii doesn't care about the wad name, only the title ID.

3. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Im not too much practised in Wii coding, but I have done some DS coding and ive written a function to do this on the DS, and its not that hard. Waninkoko would be able to do this easy, but thing is, would he? If you can somehow get the suggestion to him hey might consider it I guess