Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Takoru said:
I compiled a channel for it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f95e296...04e75f6e8ebb871Thanks!

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Jul 28 2009, 12:09 AM) Does this version truely support SDHC cards? I tried 1.4 and it always returns with an err =-1 when trying to mount. It works fine with the Wii's SD menu though (when selecting wiiware)
The Wii system, itself, is picky with SDHC cards... I've tested two different branded 8GB SDHC cards and it works great in the Wii System Menu (ie SD Card Menu & saving games) but it will work "sometimes" with DOL forwarders (i.e. Emulation Forwarders) and with USB Loader GX (most of time, cover images won't load). It even worked "sometimes" in WAD Manager... but I didn't want to deal with it so I put back in my 4GB microSDHC (inside a microSD-to-SD adapter) and used that one. From my experience, 4GB and under works fine; whereas 2GB (non-SDHC) always works for everything, including BootMii...

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
what is folder support and what is it used for?

Currently, the official version of the wad manager does not allow you to browse the directory to find you wads; all wads have to be in sd:/wad. This mod allows you to traverse the directory structure and organize your wads in a way that you prefer. The GameCube controller support is generally for emergency use, when your Wii may not recognize your WiiMote.

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiNinja said:
technom8t said:

Currently, the official version of the wad manager does not allow you to browse the directory to find you wads; all wads have to be in sd:/wad. This mod allows you to traverse the directory structure and organize your wads in a way that you prefer. The GameCube controller support is generally for emergency use, when your Wii may not recognize your WiiMote.

ah i got you, very good ill be grabbing this then, and thanks for the quick response:-)

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
dont know if this is another stupid question but, is it possible to make wad manager a wad?, currently i need to have mt SD card in before i can run it? and it seems anything i install that is a wad can then be deleted from my card, jus a though.....

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
dont know if this is another stupid question but, is it possible to make wad manager a wad?, currently i need to have mt SD card in before i can run it? and it seems anything i install that is a wad can then be deleted from my card, jus a though.....It was posted by Takoru a few posts before...

QUOTE(Takoru @ Jul 28 2009, 07:10 AM) I compiled a channel for it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f95e296...04e75f6e8ebb871

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
Jeomite said:
technom8t said:
dont know if this is another stupid question but, is it possible to make wad manager a wad?, currently i need to have mt SD card in before i can run it? and it seems anything i install that is a wad can then be deleted from my card, jus a though.....It was posted by Takoru a few posts before...

QUOTE(Takoru @ Jul 28 2009, 07:10 AM) I compiled a channel for it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f95e296...04e75f6e8ebb871

sorry i thought the channel would only work if the wadmanager files were actually on my SD card, i told you i was a noob LOL

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
technom8t said:
sorry i thought the channel would only work if the wadmanager files were actually on my SD card, i told you i was a noob LOL
thats what a forwarder does (it loads files on SD)
channels need no SD

Speaking about this channel, is it the animated version?

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the same sd card I had v1.4 Enhanced Mod, I repleaced boot dol, I get an error after trying to retrieve file list.

Turning wii off from WM shows a code dump

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sachka said:
In the same sd card I had v1.4 Enhanced Mod, I repleaced boot dol, I get an error after trying to retrieve file list.

Turning wii off from WM shows a code dump

Add a folder /wad at the root of your SD card to see if that helps. I think Sorg's version has the SD root as the WAD_ROOT, but I changed mine to be /wad. I may just make this requirement optional in the future.

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PhyniX said:
Hello nice job
can i have the source code please i want translate it in german

thanks PhyniX

Yep. It'll be in GitHub soon. I'm gonna make one more small change and then release it.

PhyniX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok thanks
then i wait for the link to Github
smile.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
technom8t said:

Currently, the official version of the wad manager does not allow you to browse the directory to find you wads; all wads have to be in sd:/wad. This mod allows you to traverse the directory structure and organize your wads in a way that you prefer.

ok I am confused on what you said, can you explain it in newbie terms for me lol, thank you

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
it means you can install a wad from any folder on the sd xard and not just from the WAD folder on the root

whats hard to understand about that

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have:

sd:/Level1/Level2/Level3/Level4/Level5/Level6/Level7/Level8/Level9/Level10/
sd:/one/
sd:/two/
sd:/What.ever.your.SD.card.allows/

Each of those folders can have wads inside.

I organized mine like this:

sd:/wad/vc_games
sd:/wad/vc_games/favorites
sd:/wad/vc_games/kids
sd:/wad/usb_games_channels
sd:/wad/forwarder_channels

etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeah, they were going for that.