FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I really don't know what to do, does somebody here know what error -1022 mean?

This is the story: I've installed the latest black ops online update and I wanted to dump it to a wad. So I used Wad Creator v1.0 and cIOS249 v17 to do this. Everything went fine, no error messages or something. Then I fakesigned the wad using WadMii v0.3 and checked it with ShowMiiWads, everything OK. Then I copied the wad to my HDD, started YAWMM, selected IOS236 (the good one with IOS36 v3351 base), uninstalled the file first (to make sure nothing is wrong) and tried to install it. The ticket and title installation is no problem, but then it's trying to install content #04, this will give the error, I also tried it with Wad Manager 1.7 and cIOS249 v17, but the same.
I even dumped my NAND and packed the update to a wad with ShowMiiNAND, but the same error... I'm not able to dump the file using BlueDump btw...

I would upload the wad file if I'm allowed to do this, I'm sure this would help.
Thanks everyone for help!

hellion_52883

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, sux this didn't work!!! good idea though.....i was getting that -1022 when trying to use 249 rev21 (I think), but that prolly unrelated.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-1022 = hash mismatch or ticket issue. In your case, it's because the calculated hash of content #4 doesn't match the TMD hash for content #4.

Try running your wad through wwPacker (just drag the wad onto the "JustSign" option). Then, install the resulting wad. wwPacker should correct the hashes in the TMD.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks techboy and LocoRoco, but it doesn't work, still the same error... I've found out that the update is stored in a save file and I am able to copy it to sd card, when I'm uninstalling the WAD I'm NOT able to install the save, but when I'm installing the WAD, the save also can be installed
laugh.gif
! I've sent hellion_52883 the save and the trucha signed wad and waiting for his result now.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EmbraceFiction said:
I think that this error happens when you either have a stub ios; or when you don't have the Trucha bug there.
Nope. A stub IOS won't even install anything...your wii will just freeze when the IOS is loaded.

A missing trucha bug will usually return -2011 (or sometimes -1017).

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
techboy said:
EmbraceFiction said:
I think that this error happens when you either have a stub ios; or when you don't have the Trucha bug there.
Nope. A stub IOS won't even install anything...your wii will just freeze when the IOS is loaded.

I've found out that the update is DLC, and I can't hack the DLC or something like this and it would be illegal, correct?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
techboy said:
EmbraceFiction said:

I've found out that the update is DLC, and I can't hack the DLC or something like this and it would be illegal, correct?
Typically, sharing DLC is illegal.

As for hacking the DLC, that depends on what you mean by hacking it...

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
Thanks techboy and LocoRoco, but it doesn't work, still the same error... I've found out that the update is stored in a save file and I am able to copy it to sd card, when I'm uninstalling the WAD I'm NOT able to install the save, but when I'm installing the WAD, the save also can be installed
laugh.gif
! I've sent hellion_52883 the save and the trucha signed wad and waiting for his result now.
The update is indeed stored as a 00010005 DLC title (title/00010005/73433745). I would guess that this behavior you observed (that in bold) is most likely due to the Wii not being able to install the "DLC save" when no ticket is present.

I too have made a WAD of the update using WAD Creator v1.0 with cIOS38 rev14 for backup purposes. I experienced no trouble re-installing the WAD, but I did not edit it in any way, and I have not attempted installing the WAD to another Wii (not fakesigned). Does the unedited WAD install back to you own Wii fine?

-[]D

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PPSainity said:
I too have made a WAD of the update using WAD Creator v1.0 with cIOS38 rev14 for backup purposes. I experienced no trouble re-installing the WAD, but I did not edit it in any way, and I have not attempted installing the WAD to another Wii (not fakesigned). Does the unedited WAD install back to you own Wii fine?

-[]D
I did the same, but I'm not able to install it... That's strange...
I will re-download the update, maybe the installation is broken.

eddthegeeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. try going to wad manager, then uninstall the wad file your trying to install, then install. it worked for me when i was trying to install paper mario. hope it works for you.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
eddthegeeman said:
I had the same problem. try going to wad manager, then uninstall the wad file your trying to install, then install. it worked for me when i was trying to install paper mario. hope it works for you.
I did this pretty often and it never worked. But I found another way to get it to work using bluedump and wad manager. I would give out the file but it's illegal for sure so I won't do it
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released