WAD Manager Error ret = -1

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by grcd, Mar 4, 2010.

Mar 4, 2010

WAD Manager Error ret = -1 by grcd at 9:34 PM (3,224 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. grcd
    OP

Newcomer grcd Member

United Kingdom
    I am not sure exactly when this problem occured first. I know that I sucesfully installed the latest CIOS, and this was pretty much the only major change I did to my Wii as far as I can tell. I realized the problem when I tried to install a forwarder WAD using WAD Manager. I received an error ret = -1 with no other specifics.

I assumed it was a one-off, or a broken WAD. Surprisingly though, no other WAD installations work, even for WADs that have definately worked for me in the past.

It is also seemingly hard to uninstall WADs, because I get the same error (though I have only tried uninstalling the 'corrupt' forwarder, and I don't want to uninstall any currently working WAD out of fear I may be losing functionality that I can't replace).

Can anyone help me? I suspect CIOS here, but then again I don't understand why this happened.

Any help for a solution? I have a full NAND dump, but I have a fear that it might have been taken just few minutes AFTER the installation of CIOS, and the other working back-up was taken several months ago so it would not be much help.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Reinstall cIOS rev18 with IOS38 as a base and use WAD Manager 1.6

3. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Wait a minute.. there is wad manager 1.6 ? But it is a beta right now ??

EDIT: Should I go with cIOS rev 18 ? Any problems ? I am using cIOS rev 14 for a long time.

4. grcd
    OP

Newcomer grcd Member

United Kingdom
    Thank you very much! I always know there is a solution to any problem [​IMG] This forum is just made of win!

Perhaps this topic can help others who have a similar problem! Why and how did the new CIOS messed the use of the old WAD Manager? And what difference did choosing rev18 with IOS38? I had chosen another one at random, because this choice was not explained.

5. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i went back to rev 17 to use wad manager.

speaking of wad manager, it needs an update button! i been using 1.4, didnt know it was up to 1.6!

6. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Anybody ? [​IMG]

7. grcd
    OP

Newcomer grcd Member

United Kingdom
    No major problems so far, but indeed some things seem to be broken.. though it could just be me. Configurable USB Loader seems to fail to boot? I don't understand why, USB Loader GX still runs perfectly. But maybe this is because of something else...

8. OJClock

Member OJClock GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was having the same issue, then when I use wadmanager 1.6, it gives me the ret = -1035 error [​IMG]
    this could probably be an issue because of cioscorp interference :S
    I'm going to try out uninstalling cios 18 tomorrow and i'll tell you how it goes

9. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    cIOSCORP shouldn't have anything to do with it.
    Actually, shouldn't is an understatement. the right term is can't