Hacking WAD Manager 1.7 Music change?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to know about modified versions, I don't want other programs that can do this, I don't want anything more complicated.

I just want to know if its possible to change the music in the official WAD Manager 1.7. As much as I like FF-Fight music, I'd rather put something softer in there to make waiting for installs more pleasant.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U should b talking 2 Wanin about this seeing how he created it and all! But it is possible 2 do that just go 2 his Twitter and leave a comment (Considering he's rarely on here!)

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Wad manger is open source (http://github.com/waninkoko/wad-manager)
You should be able to replace the music and then recompile it.
When did that happen? I always thought it wasn't Open Source! huh!

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I downloaded the source for 1.7. How would I convert the file I want, what file do I swap it with, and how would I compile it?

Also, I had another thought...how would I change the background image? (Not something that needs to happen as bad as the music, but I could start making skins.
happy.gif
)

This is really kind of neat.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the source the only file in /data is a non-extension "background" file. If I just add the files you specified, then find a way to compile this, will it work?

EDIT: Okay, using DevKitPro, for Windows, how would I compile this? I've found lots of tutorials for compiling other things, but the ogg player seems to cause errors. I get this:

Code:
c:/wadmanager/source/oggplayer.c:34:33: fatal error: tremor/ivorbiscodec.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [oggplayer.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

Any help on compiling this? I'd really like to try this out!

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:

Okay, what specifically do I download from that list, and where do I put it once I do? I'm pretty sure that's the same installer I downloaded in the first place.

EDIT: Alright, I got that figured out, but I ran into another error for a file that should apparently be in the source itself, but isn't. I think I give up. I'm done trying to compile this stuff by myself.

And that mod, I can't make heads or tails of it either. There's no installation instructions, no compiling instructions, and the readme barely covers more than, "You can change this now." That doesn't help me on how.

I think I'm done with this. If somebody that is kind-hearted enough feels they can compile this with a new BGMusic and Background, please PM me. I can't do it. >.< If you can, I'll send you the music and background.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night