Hacking vWii sysem files are corrupted....

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a softmodded Wii U with HBC,cIOS etc in Wii mode.
I had never a problem until the day I tried Wii Fit Plus.After that day,when I try to boot vWii,the message displayed says that the system files are corrupted.

I searched the internet and tried every method to resolve the issue.

- I deleted the Wii Fit Plus save file both from system memory and SD card.

- I deleted some SD card saves that MIGHT be corrupted.

- I tried to boot vWii without the SD card inserted.

- There were some rumours that if you let the system on for a whole night in "The system files are corrupted" screen,Nintendo does an online check and the system downloads the missing/corrupted files again.

Unfortunately,NOTHING works.

So,no NAND backup restore option for vWii yet and no Format option either (at least for vWii only,I do not want to format my Wii U too) , so what can I do?

Is there any viable solution please?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try this, may not work but may be worth a shot. when starting up wii mode hold + and - on wii remote and when black health screen pops up it should stick you in maintenance mode. Try to check the channels menu in system menu, see if there any corrupted ones, they may show as a "?". if they are you can try deleting them and than reboot and see if that helps.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Doesn't the vWii update itself after a system update like the DS mode does on the 3DS?

Otherwise, I wouldn't know.
I guess you're bummed out on it.

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
rdurbin

I forgot to tell you that I am using the maintenance mode to access the Wii menu.I checked every save and every channel for both system memory and SD card and there seems that nothing is corrupted.
The only "other" saves are the ones for HBC and Wiiflow.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i would say that this is either to do with lack ov ios's installed. i could be completely wrong and also im wondering if its because it would normally want you to replace the DOL file for this type of game (motionplus)

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I updated Wii U to 4.0 and now it is almost impossible to boot normally vWii without using the maintenance mode.

Can anyone help me ?

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you install exactly? I rather doubt Wii Fit Plus had anything to do with it by itself, chances are it was just co-incidence that you tried it just before you started having problems.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
What did you install exactly? I rather doubt Wii Fit Plus had anything to do with it by itself, chances are it was just co-incidence that you tried it just before you started having problems.

i dont no exactly what the issue is. but thought ide let you guys no that with "supermonkey ball banna blitz" it did cause my original wii system files to get ruined. this was goin back about 2 and half years ago i could only ashume it was a compatability issue due to my ios's i had at the time (the game would load but when i quit it would say system files are buggered) im guessin you may have the same issues but really this shouldnt be occuring due to how updated d2x ios's are now

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have followed religiously all the necessary steps to softmod my Wii U.

For the last 7 months I had not experienced any problem at all.

The "system files are corrupted" problem started as soon as my girlfriend asked me to live with me and to start exercising with Wii Fit Plus and her Balance Board using my Wii U.

I copied hers save file to an SD card and copied it to my vWii. And this was the begining to my problems.

Of course,the save file was not recognizable as Wii Fit Plus uses the Miis that are stored to Wii's nand.

I googled the problem and I have to say that this is a common bug that many people have experienced in the past using Wii Fit from their Wiis.

Unfortunately,none has found a definite solution and I think that I may be the first one that has a semi-brick using vWii with this bug.

I tried to delete Wii Fit Plus save from both vWii's nand and SD card.I tried to boot vWii without having SD card attached.

NOTHING WORKS.:hateit:

I assume that Wii Fit Plus uses some specific IOS that has been corrupted.But which IOS? And most importantly,how can I restore it (assuming my bold theory is correct)?

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can tell you is that I use WiiFit Plus on my WiiU (both from the disc and USB Loader) and have no problems. Since you're talking about cIOS and what not, I presume you're trying to use a USB Loader? It shouldn't matter then what IOS it used to use, it's now using whatever cIOS you installed. You could try installing d2x with a different base I guess. What are you using?

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am using the latest d2x version and for bases I followed the instructions of this forum tutorial (sorry but I do not remember right now).

If you google this bug,you can find a lot of people that have the same issue.

Actually,I realized that this bug is known for years.

But,as it seems,the community has not managed to find a solution yet.

Reactions: elenarguez

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using the latest d2x version and for bases I followed the instructions of this forum tutorial (sorry but I do not remember right now).

If you google this bug,you can find a lot of people that have the same issue.

Actually,I realized that this bug is known for years.

But,as it seems,the community has not managed to find a solution yet.

1 this should tell you to never do a save or game transfer. 2 check and see if you installed alt 53 or alt 52 i think they where the only optional 2 you can try to install on vwii

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I installed alt 53 with IOS 249 (56),IOS 250 (57) and IOS 251 (58).

I do not know if this is related.

The Wii Fit plus bug is known for years and there are people who experienced this bug without modding or softmodding their Wiis.

P.s I have work to do and I am going to be away for the next hours.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed alt 53 with IOS 249 (56),IOS 250 (57) and IOS 251 (58).

I do not know if this is related.

The Wii Fit plus bug is known for years and there are people who experienced this bug without modding or softmodding their Wiis.

P.s I have work to do and I am going to be away for the next hours.

ok. ill do some research but its not looking good for you to be honest dude

Reactions: panmusic

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Wii U, but does the vwii have a "format wii system memory" option in the settings like the normal wii? Maybe do that and then re-mod it, or try to do a Wii system update. Though, I'm not sure either of these will work.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a Wii U, but does the vwii have a "format wii system memory" option in the settings like the normal wii? Maybe do that and then re-mod it, or try to do a Wii system update. Though, I'm not sure either of these will work.

you cant format the vwii system..... its stupid i no but you cant :( and the only other things i can think of is if you have access to (multi mod manager)
try having a look at what you could re-install (do not uninstall anything) but i will look up online later for possible ways around but like i said before it doesnt look promising just yet.

Reactions: panmusic

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for the double post but I made a VERY interesting discovery.

The "System files are corrupted" screen appears the first time I boot vWii ONLY.

(By using the quick vWii method by holding B button in Wii U's start up screen , or by selecting the Wii channel.)

I manage to boot vWii by using the maintenance mode and after that I load a Channel (any one).When I exit the Channel, System Menu loads 100% perfectly all the time.

The only exception is when I try to return to System Menu from HBC. Hmm...

Anyway,this means that the problem is there only the first time the console boots vWii.

I hope that this may be useful...

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Almost 2 months later and I have the same problem. Wii system files are corrupted.:unsure:

Can anybody help me please?

This is my Syscheck.I thought this may be useful for people who know vWii stuff.

Attachments

• sysCheck.rar
    661 bytes · Views: 197

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This is odd:
Code:
IOS1768489209[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS1768489210[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS1768489211[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
Someone else contacted me with the same results for their d2x cIOS's. I know it's not a problem with my code because it happened in older versions of SysCheck as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel