Gaming VLC audio compression

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to research if there is, or how to use audio compression in VLC media player. I found their website, yet my browser says it has an invalid certificate. Does anyone know what plugin to download, or how to compress the audio via the settings? What I am trying to accomplish is to limit the loud scenes in movies so that I can watch movies and hear the talking scenes without blowing up my speakers on a loud scene. Anyone got this to work?

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through the Prefs>Input / Codecs>Audio Codecs and did not see an option for dynamic range compression. Were you able to locate the checkbox?

I have the latest VLC. If compression is enabled by default, is there a way to adjust range? It would be nice to cut some of the peak volume down more. Right now I have the TV remote by my side in order to watch movies late night.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
luckwii said:
I went through the Prefs>Input / Codecs>Audio Codecs and did not see an option for dynamic range compression. Were you able to locate the checkbox?

I have the latest VLC. If compression is enabled by default, is there a way to adjust range? It would be nice to cut some of the peak volume down more. Right now I have the TV remote by my side in order to watch movies late night.
I can locate the checkbox, yeah - you need to make sure all/advanced options are showing (little box on the bottom left to select all/simple).

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the range, sorry. :/

There is a volume normalizer, but the sound quality won't be brilliant, if it even works to cut the dynamic range.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill