Hacking VitaQuake

Kerbangman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody get the mod selection working for VitaQuake v2.6?

Ah it works on some mods...

Any ideas which ones work or not?

Ive found working

OUM
Dopa
TWX final
Minion

Last edited by Kerbangman, , Reason: Found it does work but not all MODs
Reactions: Linkuei

Kerbangman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is a port of winQuake so only vanilla mods will work. And not all of them as far as i tried.

Quake Rally works but car gets stucked randomly.

BBelief did work with the older mod installtion but does not work with the new inbuilt options version.

It's a big improvment and hope he continues to get quake 2 up to the same spec.

may be half life :))

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an older version of VitaQuake (2.1) and it ran all mods I threw at it. When I updated to 2.5/2.6 it would crash on most mods. Not sure what the deal is

Kerbangman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I had an older version of VitaQuake (2.1) and it ran all mods I threw at it. When I updated to 2.5/2.6 it would crash on most mods. Not sure what the deal is

Yep thats what I'm finding.

Be good to get some clarification on the needs of the new version.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Rinnegatamante did mention that the current version has problems running the official rogue and hipnotic map packs, but I found that renaming the folder makes them work more or less. They just run without their custom soundtracks. It looks like it will be fixed in the next version though since the dev was posting screenshots on twitter about it.

I've checked machinegame's "dopa" and found that it ran really well, but I haven't tried anything else really. The main thing we have to consider is that the mods likely have to be compatible with whichever version the port is based on.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Rinnegatamante did mention that the current version has problems running the official rogue and hipnotic map packs, but I found that renaming the folder makes them work more or less. They just run without their custom soundtracks. It looks like it will be fixed in the next version though since the dev was posting screenshots on twitter about it.

I've checked machinegame's "dopa" and found that it ran really well, but I haven't tried anything else really. The main thing we have to consider is that the mods likely have to be compatible with whichever version the port is based on.

Yup, renaming them stops the current version of vitaquake from crashing at launch.

If you get random system crashes during play (An error has occurred. The PS vita system will be powered off), check out the workaround Rinnegatamante mentioned here: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaQuake/issues/35
I was getting crashes quite regularly on my vita and pstv, adding the 2 lines to the config file that disable enemy interpolation allowed me to play several hours with no crashes (with the base game, I havn't tested unofficial mods).

Last edited by Count Duckula,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry to hijack the topic but seems pointless to make a new one.

Does anybody know in which folder we should put the cd soundtracks for the two expansions? I put them in /hipnotic/cdtracks/ and /rogue/cdtracks as .ogg files named in the same format as the as the base game yet I get to music. The music for the base game works fine in /id1/cdtracks/

This is using v2.7.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hijack the topic but seems pointless to make a new one.

Does anybody know in which folder we should put the cd soundtracks for the two expansions? I put them in /hipnotic/cdtracks/ and /rogue/cdtracks as .ogg files named in the same format as the as the base game yet I get to music. The music for the base game works fine in /id1/cdtracks/

This is using v2.7.

Hmm, I have them in their own /cdtracks/ folder in each respective mod folder. Ex.: (same as rogue)

Code:
ux0:/data/Quake/hipnotic/cdtracks/
- track002.ogg
- track003.ogg
[---]
- track009.ogg

Be sure to start at "track002.ogg", the information on the Wololo talk thread is a bit inaccurate in clarifying this. Also make sure they are indeed in .ogg format, not .mp3. I submitted a pull request to the github repo to add info on getting the soundtracks to work, but I have to refine it a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over