Hardware Virgin Wii Help

medichead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii that is a couple of years old that I am having problems with - there have been no mods done to the system at all. The Wii was working correctly though had not been hooked up for the past month. When I went to set it up today, black screen only even though power was on and you could hear the drive. All wires are connected correctly. I unplugged the Wii from power adapter for several minutes and initially it would freeze at the Health and Safety screen with no option to Select A to continue. After unplugging it again I was able to get it to the main menu but when I tried to go to Wii Settings it brings up a black screen stating that the system files are corrupted and to refer to the Operations Manual for troubleshooting.

Any suggestions on what to try next - if anything?

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Agree with above post, if you can get to system menu then its fixable. Worst case you have to format but maybe not. Do you have a savemii or access to one by shear chance? An original gamecube controller that you can take apart or a gamecube dancepad. If so you can get into the debug menu. You could try updating it if its out of date but personally I am against updating. You could also format the drive in the settings menu if all else fails. These are all pretty serious and drastic measures so be careful and take your time. These are just options though. I suggest you get more info before doing anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging