Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vj120709580px.jpg

QUOTE said:
Once upon a time, game designer Hideki Kamiya worked at Capcom and made games like Viewtiful Joe and Okami. Now he works at new start-up Platinum Games and makes games like Bayonetta.

But does he want to make sequels to those old titles?

"I don't have the rights to any of the IPs that I've made," Kamiya told Game Informer. "They belong to the companies that publish them, and they're a business so they have a right to exploit those IPs as they want.... However, to be completely honest, I'd love to do them myself."

Kamiya said he was interested in making an Okami sequel, but isn't anymore now that Capcom is making another Okami title, Okamiden.

"Once someone else touches a world that you yourself created it stops being yours," Kamiya explained. "There is no point in making a sequel when the world doesn't belong to you."

Viewtiful Joe is probably all he's got left, Kamiya noted. "That story is incomplete so I'd like to finish it someday," he added. "But that would probably be the most difficult one to do." Yeah, especially because Capcom owns the IP.

News Source: Kotaku

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
EnigmaXtreme said:
Heres hoping Capcom makes an Okami 2
What's Okamiden then?

It's a sidestory. It's "Okami Gaiden", after all.

Well, just because he works with Platinum Games now doesn't mean his hopes are gone. Can't Platinum just make Okami 2 and have it published by Capcom? Same deal with Viewtiful Joe. Odds are if Capcom wanted to pursue another Okami/Joe game, they'd turn to him and Platinum Games to make it.

Considering that Viewtiful Joe was been on Nintendo systems consistently and that Okami has come to the Wii (and with the next game coming to the DS), I don't see why it's "impossible".

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never played a Viewtiful Joe game, except for the PSP one, which wasn't very good.
blink.gif
He looks like some Power Ranger.
wtf.gif

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Raika said:
I've never played a Viewtiful Joe game, except for the PSP one, which wasn't very good.
blink.gif
He looks like some Power Ranger.
wtf.gif

No wonder. PSP one sucks. Try Viewtiful Joe 1 or 2 with Gamecube or PS2. Or even Double Trouble on DS. Those are true games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill