PlatinumGames asks Microsoft to consider reviving development on canceled Xbox-exclusive Scalebound

scalebound-1280x720-1580812205259-1644322115039.jpg

As Microsoft secures more studios and exclusives, PlatinumGames shows interest in the possible development of one game that never got its chance. In an interview with IGN Japan, both Hideki Kamiya, the man behind Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, and their new CEO, Atsushi Inaba, expressed their interest in bringing back Scalebound. Originally announced at E3 2014, Scalebound was meant to be an Xbox One exclusive title, but due to problems between Platinum and Xbox, the project ended up being canceled in 2019.

Despite the difficulties in development, it seems that Platinum wants another shot at making the game. They used the interview to directly ask the head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, if he'd be interested in bringing back Scalebound. Kamiya also brought up the fact that when the game was shuttered, it was far along in development, and that it would be a waste to never do anything with it. Both Kamiya and Inaba made sure to let Xbox know they were serious as well--given the fact they'd done this before in 2020, and didn't want their comments to be considered a polite joke again.

Often in an interview you might hear a developer politely saying, ‘Yes, if we had the opportunity we’d love to work on that again’, but we don’t mean it that way. Both Kamiya and I are serious – we really would love to work on Scalebound again. I’d like to discuss it with Microsoft properly.

While Scalebound's future is uncertain at best, PlatinumGames is keeping itself busy with the likes of Sol Cresta which is out later this month, Bablyon's Fall that releases in March, Bayonetta 3 which is due out for release at some point.

:arrow: Source

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Just count their upcoming purchases,I think you're mixing between big exclusives with good exclusives,I'm talking numbers,you know...statistics.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just count their upcoming purchases,I think you're mixing between big exclusives with good exclusives,I'm talking numbers,you know...statistics.

It helps to quote the other persons post, so they know you've replied to them. Anyway, you're still wrong. Statistically speaking, Sony still has the numbers when it comes to exclusives. Big AND good.

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
It helps to quote the other persons post, so they know you've replied to them. Anyway, you're still wrong. Statistically speaking, Sony still has the numbers when it comes to exclusives. Big AND good.
Don't think so ,Activision blizzard ,zenimax alone have over a 100 games

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Ummmm. What??? For your comment to make any sense in the context of things, those "over a 100 games" would all have to be Xbox/MS exclusives. And they aren't.
Oh sorry,I heard Sony will have the rights for the next 5 years,then Nintendo.Guess the 78 billion were meant to for a crypto coin wallet ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?