Status
Not open for further replies.
Tutorial  Updated

(Video Guide) How to install 3ds cfw on 11.2

Hi there guys, I made a video tutorial on how to install cfw a9lh on O3ds 11.2 following the official written guide. Enjoy :)

For people who don't like video guides. I respect your opinion as long as you are respectful and midful of what you say. If you don't like my content, it's fine. Just don't come here and say that videos are bad. If one knows what they are doing, they won't have problems. Besides, some people prefer videos to reading.
Thanks for your understanding :)

Last edited by Hunter-Yoshi,

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
copyrighted material for cfw which is illegal per se. lol
Keep the hate wave, you and the other weaklings here. You won't stop me as long as I don't make anything against the site's rules. It's really amusing how childish your reactions are.
3DS' firmware is copyrighted by Nintendo. You've linked it in your video, which is piracy.
Quote from YouTube terms of service:
You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein.
You've also monetized these links, so you're making money off of pirated content. Nintedo can easily take down this video.
And while it is legal to monetize open-source projects, it doesn't really seem to be ethical. Again, you are making money off of someone's hard work while giving nothing to them.

EDIT:
Inserting quotes manually is really hard.

EDIT 2:
It seems like you've mentioned that it's better to see the guide first. Too bad you haven't linked it XD

Last edited by szymon170,

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
I am not claiming that things are mine. And I won't turn this into a quarrel. But if you look at some replies above and some dislikes I got on my video, you will understand what I mean by 'hate wave' and 'childish behaviour'.
Some people don't know that there are many visual people who can't put words into practice and actually need to see things in action. There are also some non English speakers who just try to find a way around other than strange google translations.

I don't think the remarks here are related to people being or not being visual.

There are 3 key aspects to all this

1. If some one is not able to follow 3ds.guide then i would not advise them to install any MOD on the Console... The guide is very very simple and precise..
Following written instructions is a requirement for most things in life...

2. although i can understand that making a video takes time and effort and that "time and effort" have a cost and should be paid for if the person spending it want it like that, you also must understand that this is a Open Source Developer Community and 90% of all people here do things for the likes of it and not for profit.

3. in some countries posting a video guide and monetizing it (this part is very very important) on how to unlock your console could lead to you being in very big legal issue

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Considering how often the guide updates, it's just a bad idea to make a video around it. Not to mention really shitty to force people go through ads to get the same links they can get on 3ds.guide, without ads.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone wanted to make a video tutorial that helped, it would need to be a video that can be added to the guide itself and is able to be pulled every time the guide is updated until an updated video is made. This will not stop some idiot from copying the video and uploading it to YouTube making it outdated but it would reduce the main issue video guides have with being outdated. The problem with this is that with how often the guide is updated, it will become a part time job redoing the video each time it changes.

Hunter-Yoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are two types of reactions here. One is reasonable and positive feedback on how to improve this tutorial and the other is a hate wave that won't stop me. Very childish of some users here to unlike my video just because they don't agree about the way I made this content. Your hate is simply pathetic. Keep it up. lol

Reactions: NightScript

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two types of reactions here. One is reasonable and positive feedback on how to improve this tutorial and the other is a hate wave that won't stop me. Very childish of some users here to unlike my video just because they don't agree about the way I made this content. Your hate is simply pathetic. Keep it up. lol
I feel like it's justified because of all the past bricks from "QMG VID TUTORIAL BROCK MI WAT DO I DU No coffei"
Plus the guide gets updated all the time, so it probably won't be long before the video gets outdated. Just my two cents though

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've been giving you helpful feedback, and i dont think this "hate wave" really exists. We're just trying to point out that putting the links behind ads is a bad practice and quite possibly illegal. Once again, we are all for any contribution to the scene.

Hunter-Yoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like it's justified because of all the past bricks from "QMG VID TUTORIAL BROCK MI WAT DO I DU No coffei"
Plus the guide gets updated all the time, so it probably won't be long before the video gets outdated. Just my two cents though
I don't want my videos to cause bricks. That's why I made a dsiclaimer in my video description. I will certainly update it or remove it if any major changes occur. But some people are really blinded by hate...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We've been giving you helpful feedback, and i dont think this "hate wave" really exists. We're just trying to point out that putting the links behind ads is a bad practice and quite possibly illegal. Once again, we are all for any contribution to the scene.
The hate wave is real. I don't mean all of people here. Just look at the dislikes my video got and you will understand.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
12 dislikes is nothing :P

I on the other hand think and believe this is a bad practice and actually counter-productive compare to the written guide. I personally would like Images on the guide, but then again. Even those get out of date. The guide is easier to follow than to pause a video over and over.
Just my two cents and thankfully, you don't get a cent of me if I click one of the ad urls. :3

Hunter-Yoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
12 dislikes is nothing :P

I on the other hand think and believe this is a bad practice and actually counter-productive compare to the written guide. I personally would like Images on the guide, but then again. Even those get out of date. The guide is easier to follow than to pause a video over and over.
Just my two cents and thankfully, you don't get a cent of me if I click one of the ad urls. :3
I won't get thousands of bucks from clicking ads. lol

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want my videos to cause bricks. That's why I made a dsiclaimer in my video description. I will certainly update it or remove it if any major changes occur. But some people are really blinded by hate...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The hate wave is real. I don't mean all of people here. Just look at the dislikes my video got and you will understand.
I don't agree with the dislikes, but you really should do something about the ad links. Making money off of a guide is fine, but this is certainly not the way to do it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Your opinion is yours. I really don't care since I know it deserves more than what you think. lol
Ah good, good. I though you actually had any valid arguments, but just trying to protect some income seem to be more important than actually understanding how this is more counter-productive to the community than it would help.

I also would like to know whom these people are that prefer a video over the written guide? It's not something I see people over hear screaming about.
Anyways, reported the thread and if they mod see if this fit to be here. So be it!

Reactions: ItsKipz

Hunter-Yoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah good, good. I though you actually had any valid arguments, but just trying to protect some income seem to be more important than actually understanding how this is more counter-productive to the community than it would help.

I also would like to know whom these people are that prefer a video over the written guide? It's not something I see people over hear screaming about.
Anyways, reported the thread and if they mod see if this fit to be here. So be it!
Rot in hatred :)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you really wanted to help people you wouldn't have monetized the links. What you really want to do here is pretend like you're helping but you're actually not because someone WILL get bricked thanks to your guide, and on top of that you want to make money off files you do not even own. You're linking to opensource projects and making money off them which is NOT right and you do NOT have the right to do this, and you're also linking to copyrighted material such as Nintendo firmware and you're making money off this which is illegal. I hope someone reports your sorry ass to Nintendo and I really wish you'd get into trouble over this but sadly you won't - but hey at least maybe we can get rid of your retarded video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Mondooooo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIyM_akS9Z8