Hacking Very Odd Error with all discs and backup loaders

Wilson735

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm running a 4.2U Wii. Seemingly out of nowhere, anytime I want to run a game from the hard drive, I get an error as follows:
"An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."
This same error occurs when any disc is inserted (original gamecube, original Wii), and it happens when using WiiFlow, as well as USB Loader GX. If the error doesn't come up when using the backup loaders, it'll just stay on a black screen.

I've tried formatting the Wii System Menu, I tried followinng the "Modify any Wii" guide from the beginning, but nothing's working. Can anyone help?

Wilson735

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to update to 4.2 through Nintendo, I didn't lose any of the homebrew. I then followed the "Modify any Wii" guide from "Modify 4.2" to "Downgrade to 4.1". I still have the same issue.

Could it be the DVD drive that I'm using??

Is the DVD drive needed to run backup loaders?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wilson735 said:
I was able to update to 4.2 through Nintendo, I didn't lose any of the homebrew. I then followed the "Modify any Wii" guide from "Modify 4.2" to "Downgrade to 4.1". I still have the same issue.

You should follow his Upgrade to 4.2 section, because what it does is uses WAD Manager to overwrite all your IOS files with the latest clean versions from Nintendo. Doing the upgrade through Nintendo only fixed a few of them, not all of them and certainly not the ones that are causing your problem. Keep in mind, you can safely skip IOS40 through IOS46 and IOS52 as they are for Korean Wii systems only. He really needs to take those out of the package as he does not support modifying Korean Wii systems.

You'll notice his guide says:
This will work on any Wii.

And then below that, in tiny text, a link which reads:
Korean Wiis are modded differently.

The link takes you to a different guide for Korean Wii systems.

Anyway, I got off track. Follow his Upgrade to 4.2 section.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wilson735 said:

Could it be the DVD drive that I'm using??

Is the DVD drive needed to run backup loaders?
you did not lose JODI HBC because 4.2 ninty update looks for HAXX HBC but you definitely lose your backup cios. if you follow the 4.2 guide of xzxero i cannot see the reason why you have problems on backup loading.

if in case you want to revirginize your wii for a clean start, including cioscorp removal just in case your wii have it, then re-hack again you could use this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin. after that start again the modify 4.2 of xzxero's guide.

Wilson735

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it must have been CiosCorp that screwed it up. And it's funny, because I ran the ciosCorp uninstaller and still nothing.

Also, i did a system format via the Wii settings and I still got nothing. Isn't that supposed to fix it?

Anyway, I guess I'll revirginize my Wii following the guide, and I'll follow xzxero's upgrade to 4.2 guide and I'll post up the results. Thanks.

Wilson735

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your responses.

I actually restored the NAND using BootMii after the format, so I'm back where I started. I'm away from my Wii, bust as soon as I can, I'll revirginize my Wii following the guide, and I'll follow xzxero's upgrade to 4.2 guide. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Wilson735

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I've seen the "Error 002" many times. This is different. "Error 002" never appears on screen, and even when the fix is set to enable on the Backup loader, it still doesn't work.

Plus, it's even happening when running original discs from the Disc Loader channel.

I'm pretty sure CiosCorp screwed up some IOSes.

Wilson735

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I "virginized" my Wii following this guide:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

And I followed xzxero's Upgrade to 4.2 section, (and even the Modify 4.2 section) and I'm still getting the error:

An error has occurred. Press
the Eject Button and remove
the disc, then turn the Wii
console off and refer to the
Wii Operations Manual for
help troubleshooting.

This happens when I put an original Wii or Gamecube game in. What the heck is going on.

Wilson735

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one has run across this error?

Could it have something to do with the connection of the DVD drive?

Help me out here please... I've never had this happen to me with any of the ~90 Wii's I've modded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o