Very interesting 3DS news coming "in the next week or so"

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New hardware with dual control pads built in?
Nintendo already said that this year is all games, no hardware.

Anyways, if it's MiiVerse coming out, that'd be sweet. To be honest, I really love MiiVerse, it's a great way to get help in a game, without spoiling it for you. I don't know, I think it's awesome. I can safely browse there without having a game spoiled or a cutscene or whatever. I just ask for help on a part, and people give it. It could also be because of the 100 character limit, but I'm not complaining.

It's probably something stupid IGN has set up.

Reactions: bezem

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be a new game with some upcoming features like miiverse I'm not expecting a new 3DS because the 3DS XL came out not too long ago guess we'll have to wait and see it would be un usual if they announced a new 3DS so early.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Something with Luigis Mansion and I will be satisfied :) Or something with a major OS update, maybe new VC content? Snes/GBA perhaps?

Or majoras mask, I would like that a lot.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But it had an announced Pokemon Direct. This is just some guy (not even from Nintendo) going "something with the 3DS will be interesting".

People here are just terrible at hyping things then bitching when their ridiculous expectations aren't met. TWEWY iOS says hi.
Too true. It's ok to speculate, but when people moan after disappointment, that's really sad.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Resident Evil proves that it's possible to add 2nd analog function, and more than left-handed support, without screwing the gameplay for those who don't have a CPP.

If we could have a better hardware, with enchancements like 2nd analog, I'd happily sell my 3DS and buy the new XL model.
Oh yes it's possible, like with RE, but if a future dual slider model came out more devs would simply just add dual analog support and make the non CPP controls awful. Most people don't have the money to silpy upgrade.
Another thing it's not like the amount of games with CPP support demands a whole new hardware revision. It's ridiculous to make a brand new system revolving a feature only used by a very small percentage of games.
The CPP was just an add on mainly for Capcom, an new system would be like releasing a whole new DS with the guitar hero strap thing built in just because a couple of games supported it. Wait for their next handheld if you want dual analog.

<---Is left handed and sees NO NEED for CPP. :|
Anyways, Can't wait to hear what this is going to be XD
Think circlepad+touchscreen combo games.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except, it doesn't direct to the IGN homepage. :glare:

Because it doesn't have to.

This stunt gets him, and IGN by extension, publicity. In turn, this brings people to the site. IGN's traffic goes up.

No doubt there will be some sort of announcement, but the odds of it living up to the hype they're building is slim (at best). Publications have learned that people will get hyped up over any tease, no matter how vague - and no matter how many times they pull a bait-and-switch, people will keep coming back for more.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh yes it's possible, like with RE, but if a future dual slider model came out more devs would simply just add dual analog support and make the non CPP controls awful. Most people don't have the money to silpy upgrade.
Another thing it's not like the amount of games with CPP support demands a whole new hardware revision. It's ridiculous to make a brand new system revolving a feature only used by a very small percentage of games.
The CPP was just an add on mainly for Capcom, an new system would be like releasing a whole new DS with the guitar hero strap thing built in just because a couple of games supported it. Wait for their next handheld if you want dual analog.

Think circlepad+touchscreen combo games.

Kid Icarus uses it and Metal Gear too.

That may be a risk, but I'd rather pay it.

For me, 3DS should have already been released with two analogs.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because it doesn't have to.

This stunt gets him, and IGN by extension, publicity. In turn, this brings people to the site. IGN's traffic goes up.

No doubt there will be some sort of announcement, but the odds of it living up to the hype they're building is slim (at best). Publications have learned that people will get hyped up over any tease, no matter how vague - and no matter how many times they pull a bait-and-switch, people will keep coming back for more.
Mmm that's the beauty of getting hyped up and getting your hopes destroyed. All or nothing.

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Getting an OS-upgrade, which removes region-lock and lets me play MonsterHunter4 the moment it hits Japan would be interesting, to say the least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work