Hacking VC games don't work when copied to SD card (Some of them)

RandomNameAndNumber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Wad Manager 1.7 to install VC N64 games. I have not gotten too methodical about it yet, but I have a few titles that I have installed in the past (Starfox/OgreBattle) that are not on the Wii System memory, but are on the SD card, and run without issue. Tonight I tried to install Super Mario 64 & Mario Kart 64 and they would not run from SD unless the game was also installed on the System memory. I don't know enough about the Wii system to even begin to know where to start, or why some work and others don't. I think it is a miracle that I modified this wii in the first place without bricking it. Any suggestions on anything to try?

I am using Wad Manager 1.7, and cios 249 and I can't look at this moment because my kids are on it.

Bottom line is that this modded wii is filling the void of a Snes, Nes, Sega Genesis, Game Cube & now some of the N64 library. I modded it for my purposes after they got bored of it, and now the kids won't let me fiddle with it again.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty strange, can't think off the top of my head why some wouldn't be working

I know it's not a great workaround, but you can of course run some games from wii64(homebrew) if you can't get them to run off sd vc and need to save space

RandomNameAndNumber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need to save space

Its not even about that. It is about consistency. I can't figure it out, and I am particular about how I would like things to run. I have a 32gb SD card and plenty of space for the entire VC library should I choose to do something insane like that. Why some games work while others don't? Who knows. I don't know what the differences are between cios 249 & 250, but I wonder if installing them on one or the other would make the difference.
I am avoiding N64 emulation totally. I own a N64, and have 30+ games. I keep meaning to get a flash cart again, but I never felt there was enough progress in the N64 emulation to justify the headaches. I prefer 100% solutions.

D

Deleted User

Wii64 is a great alternative for playing N64 games! I've only ever noticed graphical issues with Quake 64 and Quake II

Edit: didn't see your recent post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1