:o
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
QUOTE said:
Hello,

Recently, your Steam account was erroneously banned from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

This was our mistake, and I apologize for any frustration or angst it may have caused you.

The problem was that Steam would fail a signature check between the disk version of a DLL and a latent memory version. This was caused by a combination of conditions occurring while Steam was updating the disk image of a game. This wasn't a game-specific mistake. Steam allows us to manage and reverse these erroneous bans (about 12,000 erroneous bans over two weeks).

We have reversed the ban, restoring your access to the game. In addition, we have given you a free copy of Left 4 Dead 2 to give as a gift on Steam, plus a free copy for yourself if you didn't already own the game.

To share your extra copy of Left 4 Dead 2 with a friend, you can 'Manage Gifts and Guest Passes' from the 'Games' Menu in Steam, or visit this article on the Steam Support site for detailed instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=4502-TPJL-2656.

To access your own copy of Left 4 Dead 2, visit your library of games in Steam. If you didn't already own the game, it will now be listed among your others there, and is available for download immediately.

Regards,
Gabe Newell
President, Valve

Source: Kotaku

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy craz

Now I want someone to gift me a Left 4 Dead 2 game but I dunno if I can convince someone to do so :3

I bought Left 4 Dead and then Left 4 Dead 2 came out and I never got to play with my friends cuz all they play is Left 4 Dead 2 and I keep slooowly waiting for it to be on sale for 6 dollars again and yeahhh ...

feel free to gift me it anyone~ T_T

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TrainerAbu

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
I wish I got banned lol

yeah me too...

oh well...
rolleyes.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Valve
wub.gif

One of my favorite game development companies, and for the reason that they have great community support (Great games too, obviously).

That's seriously probably the best compensation for a mistake on a company's part I've ever seen, though.

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Valve
wub.gif

One of my favorite game development companies, and for the reason that they have great community support (Great games too, obviously).

That's seriously probably the best compensation for a mistake on a company's part I've ever seen, though.

Yeah hardcore agree...

Really nice...
grog.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just wonder if this move is going to impact upon the sales of L4D2, considering that now, thousands more people will have no need to purchase it. That said, I am totally for Valve making a move like this in compensation.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I was affected but already gave out my copy, sorry guys
nayps3.gif

Edgedancer said:
I just wonder if this move is going to impact upon the sales of L4D2, considering that now, thousands more people will have no need to purchase it. That said, I am totally for Valve making a move like this in compensation.
At $40 a pop and 12,000 copies, worst case scenario for Valve is losing almost $1 million in revenue, best case is less than $500,000. As with piracy numbers, we can't assume that all who got free copies would have bought L4D2 in the future.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is incredible! I'm a bit hesitant to buy digital copies of games, especially with DRM that makes you dependant on the online system, but Steam is just incredible. I can play my games anywhere by just logging in to my account, everything installs itself automatically, I can chat with friends and browse the internet ingame and on top of all that the games are reasonably priced and get really cheap during the sales.

Keep up the good work Valve!

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Sir-Fritz said:
Anyone that got a second copy mind giving it to an australian? Would have bought it ages ago but dont want butchered aus copy.
Reminds me when they pulled San Andreas from the shelves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?