ROM Hack USUM IPS Patches

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Shiny pokemon appear too frequently with the shiny unlocker, and I don't seem to be able to keep their shiny status after being caught... what's up with that?
I know I was just pointing out other presumably unintentional effects the patch seems to have. Unless removing shiny lock is supposed to make every trainer have all shinies/guarantee previously locked mons will now be 100% shiny. I haven't noticed whether they lose their shiny though yet
I also haven't tried it myself yet because I'm no fan of shinies lol. This may be a bug or no?

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also haven't tried it myself yet because I'm no fan of shinies lol. This may be a bug or no?
I assume it's a bug. I think the intention is simply to remove the limit for what pokemon can be shiny and allow it by chance naturally (1/4096 or whatever odds you set it to with a plugin/other patch) rather than removing the limits but ensuring a 100% chance. Pretty sure it's not supposed to alter the likelihood just make it possible.

Reactions: Khim09

soprano1

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Issues with the scripted Ultra Beast fight at the Aether Paradise.
- Catch Trainers' Pokemon crashes immediately.
- No outlines causes a ton of visual glitches.
EDIT:
Here have some screenshots of the second issue:
000f2a147f.bmp
4f3b5e244a.bmp
Ugh, there's always a caveat for good stuff.

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
@Jayro and @Skylinedeadline
Hmmm weird, I'll try to look into it, for me, Tapus kept their shininess, I thought I removed shiny lock yet it made them to have shininess indefinitely. :wtf:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another thing that i think i have not ask but this patch works even on O3DS right?
yes, all patches work for any 3DS models.

Last edited by Windylacine,
Reactions: PedroKeitawa

Diegobaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I have some issues with Pokémon Ultra sun, I applyed the "DisableNFC.ips" patch, but it doesn't work. Previously i've use the one for Pokémon Ultra moon and it was working. What should I do?

Diegobaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT: 11/15 Add QR Injection for US. (Works, but not verified by SciresM)

Patches.rar contains multiple mono feature ips files as below listed.

1. no outlines
2. Guarantee Catch
3. all pokemon rename-able
4. instant message display
5. quick hatch
6. AlwaysShinyForNotLockedPM
7. walking/running speed *1.375 constantly. according to other speed hack user's posts, beyond 1.375 is not SAFE(through the wall etc...)
8. Disable ingame NFC (wifi won't be cut off after connected. no more festival plaza or suspend the game when you try to video record your game or use pkmn-ntr debugger:ph34r:)
9. SaltySD (https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltySD)
10. PC Anywhere (overwrite the default Options/Setting menu)
11. walk Through Wall
12. SciresM's QR Patch (https://github.com/SciresM/SMPatcher)
13. Exp Multiplier * 100 (can change by yourself, edit the selected byte (Hexadecimal))
14. Mystery Machine (https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/MysteryMachine-Patcher)(won't be able to get official distribution with this patch, only use it when you need)
15. Catch Trainer's Pokemon
16. Be able to learn all TM/HM
17. No QR Scanning CoolDown
18. Shiny Lock Removal
19. Customize shiny rate
20. inverse type

NOITICE:If you found out any ips doesn't work or crash the game when applied; please let me know, thanks!

Patches Download: https://mega.nz/#F!yRBnDIyD!v3snrrQ8Yxfza_lTvKfMXw

If you want to have multiple features in one patch, check below.
IPS Merge Method:
1: (require python)

Download attached mergeTool.txt.
put desired patches in the same directory as mergetool.
open cmd and type in
Code:
python mergeTool.txt
OR 2:
download this file https://filetrip.net/dl?8E21B5D0ms
put desired patches in the same directory as this exe.
double click.

new generated code.ips is your new merged ips patch with all feature you want.

credit: ymyn for amazing cheat codes
SciresM for researching and amazing works
pk3ds for No.18-No.20 @Windylacine

I think the no nfc patch doesn't work with Ultra sun

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi guys, I have some issues with Pokémon Ultra sun, I applyed the "DisableNFC.ips" patch, but it doesn't work. Previously i've use the one for Pokémon Ultra moon and it was working. What should I do?
That means it have some time to fix its coding.

I have to report about Shiny lock removal on some certain pokemon like Totem gifts, Mascot legendaries and Tapus, are fixed. I change the byte to 01, now it works without having shininess 100% all time.

my apologies for some oversight, since I combined both Shiny always and Shiny lock removal for testing, but didn't realize that byte (03 or 02) in Shiny lock removal patch provides 100% shininess. X.X

Will update the zip file for a moment...

It's fixed, go to my previous reply to grab the fixed version: Fixed shiny removal ips patch

Last edited by Windylacine,

Diegobaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That means it have some time to fix its coding.

I have to report about Shiny lock removal on some certain pokemon like Totem gifts, Mascot legendaries and Tapus, are fixed. I change the byte to 01, now it works without having shininess 100% all time.

my apologies for some oversight, since I combined both Shiny always and Shiny lock removal for testing, but didn't realize that byte (03 or 02) in Shiny lock removal patch provides 100% shininess. X.X

Will update the zip file for a moment...
Did you think that's possible fix the no nfc patch for tomorrow? (11/17)

Diegobaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you have to use US version patch, are you sure you didn't use the same patch for both game?
I have both in the same directory, "luma/titles/"game title id". Both of them are named code.ips, i'm wrong with something?

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    1.4 KB · Views: 175

Sonansune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have both in the same directory, "luma/titles/"game title id". Both of them are named code.ips, i'm wrong with something?
idk what you are doing.
but here is the right way:
UM folder 1b51 one: code.ips (UM Version)
US folder 1b50 one: code.ips (US Version)
that's it. no more than 1 ips in the same game titleid folder.

Diegobaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
idk what you are doing.
yes, i'm doing this, but the US one doesn't works

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

idk what you are doing.
I've tested it again, the Ultramoon works perfect, the Ultrasun freeze the video

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...