Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My parcel from Japan took 7 business days to arrive.

My mail from the States hasn't arrived and it's been 10 business days already.

Is it so freaking hard to have a mail cross the border in 2 weeks when a parcel crosses the Pacific Ocean in a week?

I'm so very disappointed.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also hate USPS. I shipped my DS to thieves like us, and it got there on Friday, when I sent it Monday. He send me it back last Monday, and I haven't gotten it. And I am going away for a week and wanted to take it with me
frown.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Science, how long did it take those earphones to get there? 8 days? That was international first class IIRC. Items that you want more quickly should go by global priority.

Fast international shipping = $$$

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Destructobot said:
Science, how long did it take those earphones to get there? 8 days? That was international first class IIRC. Items that you want more quickly should go by global priority.

Fast international shipping = $$

5 Days, I do believe. That wasn't bad. Maybe I'm just sour because of this one guy I bought a shirt from in February and got it last week

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
science said:
Destructobot said:

Fast international shipping = $$

5 Days, I do believe. That wasn't bad. Maybe I'm just sour because of this one guy I bought a shirt from in February and got it last week
No you're sour because you're gone off.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took me 3 days to get my stuff from amazon USPS. It really depends on whats going on when they ship.

Five days from order, shipped in 2 days.

USPS is great when you are in the US but it sucks when you live elsewhere, a lot of it is the paranoia that the mail service has when shipping. My package from DX was in the US 10 out of the 15 days it took to get here (that was in 1 state btw).

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Complaining about the postman being on time is like... complaining about the weatherman being accurate.
laugh.gif
Neither seem to happen all that often.

BTW: if you are waiting on a package coming across from outside Canada - be aware that customs can and does hold packages seemingly randomly, and can hold them for up to two weeks. Usually they only take a day or two to cut them open and inspect, but I've had packages sit in Vancouver customs for the entire two weeks and not ever get opened, as well. Bank on such packages being 2 weeks late due to customs, so when the postperson shows up a half month early you can give them a smile instead of a groan
wink.gif
(see what I did there, the package is then early instead of late, all over expected things.)

I expect there is something similar in the US as well, unless you use a courier and go express - then you can pay triple to have it basically on time - after some employee's dog chewed on it for kicks, or someone plays football with it, they drive over it a few times, or they deliver it to someone else and give you the run around and claim you are a liar when you call them about it. Seriously, USPS->CP has been much more reliable for me than any of the couriers, without the added benefit of paying separately ($35+) for brokerage.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some people swear by one delivery service and say the others suck, but it really just depends on the local office. If your local post office sucks then UPS or FedEx may seem better (or vice versa).

My local UPS office blows. They've delivered about three quarters of the packages I've received to the house across the street, and when the neighbors got fed up and called UPS instead of just bringing it over themselves, the UPS asshole crossed out the correct address on the package and wrote the same address next to it to try and make it look like it wasn't his fault.

One other time, I shipped an electric guitar and amp to Texas via USPS, and the post office in Houston just kept it. No delivery, no notice, they just sat on it until someone went to the post office and asked if they had it.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sent one of my ps2 memory cards away to a guy to get the Mem32 exploit/hack/softmoddish thing put on it, and when it got there the envelpoe was ripped open, there were black markings on the inside o the envelop[e (black memory card) and the card itself was nowhere to be found.

THANKS USPS

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I lived in Illinois, USPS was amazing. I had like dozen shipments coming from all over the place in 2 months, 100% delivery rate. Usually on time or a day later than expected.

Japan -> Vancouver = 7 business days
California -> Vancouver = 4 days
USPS = they must have fed my mail to a random goat

Okay, so shipping was only $3. Absolutely no complaint about that.

And customs might be holding mine. But freaking hell, what could be inside an envelope, anthrax?
Or they could be reading my mail to see if the mail has anything illegal.
"Hey, look at this. This dude wrote 'Just do it', that's copyrighted and you're so busted."
Not likely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-