USN Format Reminder?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To start, I know the template isn't the absolute, but it's pretty good and should at least be referenced. Anyways, the core reason I'm suggesting this is lately, the quality of the USN has taken a dive. People are neglecting sources and leaving their posts incredibly sloppy. I would love to encourage users who have never really used the USN to participate with new information on relevant topics, but it goes without saying that there's a certain standard that needs to be upheld.

My suggestion is a harmless front page reminder that USN posts should look professional and neat, and shouldn't necessarily be a copy and paste in a quote box jobs. Sources really need to be hit on, as people seem to be getting overeager, and forgetting the source, sometimes until a mod is forced to fix it. People tend to source news compilation sites and blogs often too, where in 99% of cases, their sources should be the source used by the blog or news compilation site. You get more detail from a generally far more trustworthy source. Regardless, even if it isn't a great source, at least getting it out there is better than giving me a quote from the unknown website.

Just a side note: you may want to consider this just to cut down on the hostility in the USN.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
my nintendo news and any wordpress sites that aren't legit news sites should be banned. all they are trying to gain is money from ads by reposting news really.

99% of the USN quality will be better this way.

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2