Using PicHaxx to launch Homebrew Launcher not working

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I followed this guide in an attempt to get Pokémon Picross to work as a homebrew entry point on my New3DS (firmware 11.15.0-47E) and when it came to launching the game it gives the error "Failed to open SafeB9SInstaller.bin! (4)". Now from my understanding B9S is used for installing CFW, which isn't what I want to do (I have an old 3DS with a much older firmware version that I plan to install CFW on at some point). On this New3DS all I want is simple access to the homebrew menu, is there any way to do that with PicHaxx?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So I followed this guide in an attempt to get Pokémon Picross to work as a homebrew entry point on my New3DS (firmware 11.15.0-47E) and when it came to launching the game it gives the error "Failed to open SafeB9SInstaller.bin! (4)". Now from my understanding B9S is used for installing CFW, which isn't what I want to do (I have an old 3DS with a much older firmware version that I plan to install CFW on at some point). On this New3DS all I want is simple access to the homebrew menu, is there any way to do that with PicHaxx?
Rename the file you get from here: https://deadphoenix8091.github.io/3ds/ to otherapp.bin and place that over the current otherapp.bin on your sd card. It should work if boot.3dsx is there (as instructed in the guide).
Note: the site only allows you to select up to firmware 11.13, but it will work with 11.15.

Keep in mind, loading .3dsx homebrew in cfw mode is far more stable (and has full software permissions) and is the recommended way to do things.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rename the file you get from here: https://deadphoenix8091.github.io/3ds/ to otherapp.bin and place that over the current otherapp.bin on your sd card. It should work if boot.3dsx is there (as instructed in the guide).
Note: the site only allows you to select up to firmware 11.13, but it will work with 11.15.

Keep in mind, loading .3dsx homebrew in cfw mode is far more stable (and has full software permissions) and is the recommended way to do things.
Clicking the "Download otherapp" button on that site doesn't seem to download anything, and instead takes me to a site called "ww16.bruteforcemovable.com" which doesn't have anything on it. I attempted to use universal-otherapp isntead but that clearly hasn't worked, so do you have any idea why downloading from the site you linked isn't working for me?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Clicking the "Download otherapp" button on that site doesn't seem to download anything, and instead takes me to a site called "ww16.bruteforcemovable.com" which doesn't have anything on it. I attempted to use universal-otherapp isntead but that clearly hasn't worked, so do you have any idea why downloading from the site you linked isn't working for me?
lmao, those nh discord people :lol: They really hate userland homebrew that much (understandable to a point).

https://github.com/zoogie/unSAFE_MODE/releases/download/v1.2/RELEASE_v1.2.zip

In that .zip, go inside "otherapps_with_CfgS" and find the one that fits your 3ds's description and rename it to otherapp.bin and replace the old one on the sd card.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lmao, those nh discord people :lol: They really hate userland homebrew that much (understandable to a point).

https://github.com/zoogie/unSAFE_MODE/releases/download/v1.2/RELEASE_v1.2.zip

In that .zip, go inside "otherapps_with_CfgS" and find the one that fits your 3ds's description and rename it to otherapp.bin and replace the old one on the sd card.
Thanks a ton, getting the file from the download you linked works like a charm. I get why people hate userland homebrew to an extent, but like I mentioned in the OP I have an old 3DS that I'm going to install CFW on, and literally all I want with this New3DS is to be able to backup save data from some digital games lol, so I just want some files that I can put on the SD card on the rare occasions that I need homebrew on this New3DS, then remove once I'm done. Anyway it works perfectly now so thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.