Homebrew Using menuhax to get to A9LH?

sl33p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had previously upgraded a N3ds from a Emunand setup to a ALh9 setup. At the time, Plailcet's guide stilldowngraded the N3ds to 2.1 and IIRC also could utilize broswerhax to get to the homebrew channel.

I now have a N3ds with menuhax on 11.0 Emunand and a 9.2 SYSNAND with no browser which would take me to this page in the guide. It seems like the only reason I need this exploit here is to downgrade to 9.2 and back-up sysnand. The only game I have is Super Smash and I'd prefer not to setup a linux environment.

But I am already on 9.2 SYSNAND and I can get into Homebrew Browser to backup, etc through MenuHax. On the next page in the guide it says I should, "Get into the homebrew launcher through the entrypoint of your choice." Does entrypoint of my choice include Menuhax? It seems like using menuhax to get into the homebrew launcher on step "Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax (N3ds)" would be fine, but will this screw me on a later step?

Thanks.

Last edited by sl33p,

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have two options. Both very similar. Either use the menuhax payload and swap the cfw with the homebrew launcher payload so instead of loading the cfw, it instead goes straight to homebrew launcher instead of loading emunand. Second option uses menuhax to load a boot manager, then just add the homebrew launcher as an option.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I had previously upgraded a N3ds from a Emunand setup to a ALh9 setup. At the time, Plailcet's guide stilldowngraded the N3ds to 2.1 and IIRC also could utilize broswerhax to get to the homebrew channel.

I now have a N3ds with menuhax on 11.0 Emunand and a 9.2 SYSNAND with no browser which would take me to this page in the guide. It seems like the only reason I need this exploit here is to downgrade to 9.2 and back-up sysnand. The only game I have is Super Smash and I'd prefer not to setup a linux environment.

But I am already on 9.2 SYSNAND and I can get into Homebrew Browser to backup, etc through MenuHax. On the next page in the guide it says I should, "Get into the homebrew launcher through the entrypoint of your choice." Does entrypoint of my choice include Menuhax? It seems like using menuhax to get into the homebrew launcher on step "Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax (N3ds)" would be fine, but will this screw me on a later step?

Thanks.
The most it would happen would be that you could not boot up cause having a conflict because of menuhax

But really, I don't think nothing bad should happen if you do that part STEP by STEP!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-