Hacking Using Dolphin Xenoblade save file on Wii U Virtual Console version

Fgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With Xenoblade having just been release on the Wii U Virtual Console I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use a Dolphin save file with the Wii U VC version and to later take that save file off the Wii U and continue on Dolphin again.

Thanks

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it wouldn't work because to my knowledge there is no way to copy a save file onto (or from) a Wii U.

EDIT: Turns out that you can copy the save data from the Wii U to an HDD, but it's bundled with the game itself, and there is no way to just copy the save file.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes they do store the data on the vwii. I can confirm because my Wii u version of Metroid Prime trilogy used the same save as my USB loader version.

No, it wouldn't work because to my knowledge there is no way to copy a save file onto (or from) a Wii U.

EDIT: Turns out that you can copy the save data from the Wii U to an HDD, but it's bundled with the game itself, and there is no way to just copy the save file.
Wrong, the Wii U wii VC games use the vwii to run it, and also use the vwii saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...