Hacking Using action replay disc for GC games on Wii

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to work out how to get this to work. The compatibility list mentions "Action Replay 1.14A Partial PAL / NTSC-U Only work with retail game disc " Thats all fine, trying to run it with a retail copy of f-zero GX.

I've installed the GC backup launcher, burnt a copy of the AR disc, and got it running perfectly on the Wii. I selected the cheats I wanted for F-zero, and then went back to launch it. It asked me to open the lid, so I ejected the current disc, it asked me to put in the F-Zero disk, so I put that in, and it told me "Error: No Disc"

Is anyone able to suggest anything? Or try this out themselves?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you start the Action Replay disc by pressing 'B' in the GC Launcher? Sorry, it's the only thing I can think of, haven't messed around with the new launcher much.

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SilverSurfR said:
Did you start the Action Replay disc by pressing 'B' in the GC Launcher? Sorry, it's the only thing I can think of, haven't messed around with the new launcher much.

Hmm, I think I just launched using auto-detect, what does 'B' do?

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nah, it's just the AR burnt on a normal 4GB DVD, same as i do all my Wii games. I can boot it of the backup loader, but not through the "B" option. And yeah, as I've said, it doesn recognise the actual GC discs when it asks to swap em out.

Has anyone here been successful with running AR on the backup loader?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would restart my Wii as if no game were inserted.

I'm trying to get it to work on backups now, but I have a few problems:

-Using the Z button thing to select the next game on a multi-game disc doesn't work OR I'm not doing it right
-Discs with only 1 backup on them won't boot, they get stuck right before at a black screen. Maybe if there was a way to reinitiate the cMIOS without losing the AR info that gets inserted it would work.

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone tell me if they've got AR working, and loading gamecube discs with cheats? If so I'll try burning a new copy of the AR i guess...

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can get a backup of AR working with retail discs, but cheating on backup discs won't work yet.

Edit: Wow, the code of the AR is blank up until line 5002d050 or in simple terms: 1,342,361,680 lines of jack shit and only 3,083,391 lines of code

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just "obtained" AR 1.14A and it was around 10MB
Then I unpacked it and it became 1.35GB
blink.gif

I'm out of disc right now (gonna buy some tomorrow), but to make it work, I should burn it alone on a disc (no multigame) right? (I have correct MIOS)
Anything else I should know?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, burning it alone should be fine, make sure you don't shrink it also (If its on the disc by itself it shouldn't need to be shrunk)

Also, it can't work with other backup games, only retail/original games work.

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1.14a is the US disc I think, will it work on a PAL Wii if I just launch it from the backup launcher with the right region option?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it won't you have to have the correct region of the disk. Either way I can confirm that the Action Replay 1.14b NTSC-U Is working just as reported on the compatability list. a few games aren't working but I suspect it's just that my games are scratched to hell.......

DriftRS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, I thought 1.14a was NTSC, and 1.14b was pal, seeing as all the NTSC version I've found are 1.14a and pal has been 1.14b.

I have a pal wii, can anyone confirm if 1.14b pal works?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah 1.14A is NTSC, 1,14B is PAL, however I think both work on either region as long as you have the right video mode.

PAL 1.14B works if it is not shrunk. I was talking to someone earlier about it and they said it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon