Using 2 externals and usb network adapter?

NightMover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How would I do this as there are only four USB slots…

And from what I understand the external needs to have a power source by using a y cable with two USB occupied?

But with the network adapter I only have one left.

I want to use a second external to mod my vWii.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use usb power hub, usb wall plug etc to powered the drives. That'll free up the ports. Also Wii & GC iso can be on the SD card too.

Reactions: jeannotte

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How would I do this as there are only four USB slots…

And from what I understand the external needs to have a power source by using a y cable with two USB occupied?

But with the network adapter I only have one left.

I want to use a second external to mod my vWii.
You could use external SSDs, they work without a Y-cable. I can't guarantee whether they all will, but the A-Data SD600Q (480GB) at least does and is cheap.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So no need for an external for wii stuff?

How do i just use an sd instead?
It's a choice that's up to you ;) , it all depends on the number of games you own?

If you want to use an SD card for Wii games, take a fairly large capacity SD card (wiiflow lite, Configurable loader v70 and usb loader gx reads games on SD)

Reactions: Ettino

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Beside what others said there's also a relative simple hardware mod available. This mod removes the 500mA restriction from the USB ports, so you won't need Y cables anymore.

Can't find the correct link real quick but it's written up here, too: https://ralimtek.com/posts/2023/wiiu/

1707539247085.png

1707539338625.png
1707539364091.png

(note that these pictures aren't from me: I highly suggest to use emerald wire here as it makes the job way more simple. Also the first picture is from the link I gave you and while it works I would suggest to make it like in the other pictures: You want to get as close as possible to the small, yellow capacitors to give the USB devices the most stable VCC possible)

//EDIT: Searched through all my backups and here's the mod done with emerald wire, so you might see why I recommend this:
1707540047279.jpeg

(yes, as you see on that picture the mod is NAND-AID compatible but just ignore that part for now)

Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...